Late Round Targets

TheDank

Reaction score
I feel like it's deep enough in the draft process that we know most of the guys who will go on days one and two. Whose that guy that you love as a prospect that's projected to go day 3 or undrafted? I feel like this board does a great job at identifying those guys every year.

A few guys for me:
Alec Ingold FB Wisconson -
The Cowboys still value FB to some degree, although I don't believe they used Olawale too much last season (one particular drop does come to mind). Ingold is a more traditional FB and was a phenomenal blocker in college. He was a big part of Johnathan Taylor's past two phenomenal seasons (along with a great badger O-line as usual for them). He can also catch and plays faster than his 4.9 40. He first came on my radar when he blew someone up in space at the senior bowl. After that I had to go find some Wisconsin tape to see if that was a rare occurrence or happened all the time. It happened all the time. Love watching this guy play. Due to the devaluing of the position he could probably be had in the 7th round or even as a priority UDFA.

Ty Summers LB TCU -
As I write this I just looked up his combine numbers and he may no longer be in the category of day three picks since he tested so well and the NFL is hungry for athletic LBs. He's versatile having played both edge rusher and MLB for one of the few good defenses in the BIG 12. He was a HS QB and it shows up in his play diagnosis and instincts. His biggest knock from my viewing is that he goes for the big hit too much and lets some guys bounce off of him. I think that could be coached up. He's decent in coverage and could be a good SAM or backup Mike for us to ensure our great linebacker play continues. I honestly don't know where he'll go. This is not a talented linebacker crop so he could get pushed up, but I would hope to grab him in the fourth.

Jamal Peters CB MSU -
At 6'2" 218lbs he fits the profile for a Kris Richard CB. He was on a talented Mississippi State defense and is definitely a project. He's not afraid to play physical, that's a trait they seemed to coach up well in all of the bulldogs secondary (just watch Johnathan Abraham if you want to see people getting blown up left and right) however Peters technique is sloppy, if he misses guys with his initial press he can get in trouble, but when he sticks them he can completely shut a route down. His 4.6 forty will keep him lower on some boards or make some teams want to move him to safety, but if he gets coached up well and becomes a technician he could be a valuable guy on the outside. Peters shouldn't go before the 5th round.

Jordan Brailford EDGE OKST
Another raw player that fits the profile Dallas looks for. Brailford had injury concerns early in his career, but put together a good season this last year. He seemed a bit light on tape but seems to have bulked up to 252lbs for the combine where he's posted good numbers. For edge players I always look for someone who can get off the ball and has a high motor. Brailford does both of those things well. He has some bend, but I wouldn't call him a natural bender however he is quite athletic, Okie State lined him up all over to exploit mismatches with his athleticism and his movement in space leads me to believe he'd do well on stunts, especially if he ever learns how to use his hands. Brailford is probably a 6th or 7th round guy with his combine getting teams to look at his tape again.