News: Latest CBS mock draft has Cowboys addressing need for pass rushers

CCBoy

Reaction score
Latest CBS mock draft has Cowboys addressing need for pass rushers

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...ck-draft-cowboys-addressing-need-pass-rushers

Mock drafts rarely agree on anything, but if there is one thing that everyone agrees on when it comes to the Cowboys is that they need to draft a pass rushing threat in the first round of April's NFL Draft.

CBS Sports' latest mock draft has the Cowboys addressing that exact need, taking Auburn defensive end/outside linebacker Carl Lawson with the 28th overall pick.

"The Cowboys have defensive needs at every level, but especially at pass rusher," wrote Dane Brugler. "Lawson does an outstanding job using his upper body strength and lower body quickness in unison to beat blockers."

Lawson was a redshirt junior this past season. He missed the 2014 season with a torn ACL and was limited in 2015 by a number of injuries. But he had a monster 2016, recording 14 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks in the regular season. He added another tackle for loss in Auburn's Sugar Bowl loss to Oklahoma.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I like Bruglwr but that was kind of a mailed home prospect description for Lawson. Sorta like "Joe Blow does an excellent job of using his legs to move forward and backwards and his arms to reach for things."

The Realist

Reaction score
APRBL

Any pass rusher but Lawson.

What the heck would we do with Lawson, Tapper, "Last Year" Lawrence and no pass rush Tyrone Contract all injured at the same time?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
APRBL

Any pass rusher but Lawson.

What the heck would we do with Lawson, Tapper, "Last Year" Lawrence and no pass rush Tyrone Contract all injured at the same time?
Agree. There are probably half a dozen pass rushers that are a possibility at 27. And Lawson is about the only one I'm openly opposed to drafting.

rational1

Reaction score
Just draft Derick Barnett anyway possible and call it a day. Any guy who breaks Reggie White's records in 3 years is the guy I take. I would take him #1 overall and sleep like a baby if I were a GM.
^this

Vols74

Reaction score
Just draft Derick Barnett anyway possible and call it a day. Any guy who breaks Reggie White's records in 3 years is the guy I take. I would take him #1 overall and sleep like a baby if I were a GM.

Bump