***Latest NFL Mock Draft by Dane Brugler***

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He really likes us taking Renell Wren since we are cutting ties with David Irving and with Malik Collins entering his last year. I absolutely love this pick but I have a feeling he's going to shoot up draft boards after the NFL Combine.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wren is a big, powerful kid. I've gotten to watch him up close this past year. Not a lot of production though.

His size and playing style reminds me of Jason Hatcher.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The good thing is his best position is easily 3Tech in a 1gap type defense.

He's not a 2nd round type prospect as a 5Tech 3-4 DE, and he'd be wasted as a 1Tech or even a 2gapping DT.

For us, his value is probably top 50 in the draft. This is a guy I could see using one of our 4ths to move up for (Houston has two picks in the range). Yeah, from what I've seen/read he's expected to do well at the Combine. I have no idea where he falls at this point, someone may very well fall in love with him, but he's definitely a target in round 2.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't have an Athletic subscription.

Curious, who was on the board when we picked Wren?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He really likes us taking Renell Wren since we are cutting ties with David Irving and with Malik Collins entering his last year. I absolutely love this pick but I have a feeling he's going to shoot up draft boards after the NFL Combine.

He actually reminds me of David Irving in some ways. Not the same body type but does have good length and an overwhelm interior OLinemen with power and length. Like Irving he also takes himself out of many run plays by over-running the play or being to easily angle blocked while trying to penetrate. He also loses track of the ball carrier often.

He measured 6'4-1/2", 315 at the Senior Bowl.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good thing is his best position is easily 3Tech in a 1gap type defense.

He's not a 2nd round type prospect as a 5Tech 3-4 DE, and he'd be wasted as a 1Tech or even a 2gapping DT.

For us, his value is probably top 50 in the draft. This is a guy I could see using one of our 4ths to move up for (Houston has two picks in the range). Yeah, from what I've seen/read he's expected to do well at the Combine. I have no idea where he falls at this point, someone may very well fall in love with him, but he's definitely a target in round 2.

If Marinelli is still coaching the DL, he might be a 1-tech but I think most coaches would want to keep his weight down and play him at 3-tech.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He actually reminds me of David Irving in some ways. Not the same body type but does have good length and an overwhelm interior OLinemen with power and length. Like Irving he also takes himself out of many run plays by over-running the play or being to easily angle blocked while trying to penetrate. He also loses track of the ball carrier often.

He measured 6'4-1/2", 315 at the Senior Bowl.

Yeah he does, can develop him.