Latest Rico Video

waldoputty

Reaction score
doing some quick googling on averages for NFL TEs.....
- average height is 6'3", Rico is 6'8"
- average weight is approx. 250, Rico is 280
- average 40 is 4.77, Rico has been clocked at 4.75

He's considerably bigger and slightly faster. IF the dude can effectively block, run routes and catch he could be an asset

Rico has been listed from 6-6 to 6-8 and 273-290.
not sure which sites tend to exaggerate...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
This was already posted in March

javascript:;

Rico has been listed from 6-6 to 6-8 and 273-290.
not sure which sites tend to exaggerate...

Go down there with a tape measure and a scale?

Thanks in advance.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
what?
the part about posted in March was meant for something else... so i just deleted it.

LOL... no... You said you've seen his numbers all over the place in terms of height and weight. I was saying you should head over to Dallas and find Rico, bring a tape measure and a scale, and get the exact numbers. I was just kidding. Unless you really want to do it... then, I am totally ok with that .

waldoputty

Reaction score
LOL... no... You said you've seen his numbers all over the place in terms of height and weight. I was saying you should head over to Dallas and find Rico, bring a tape measure and a scale, and get the exact numbers. I was just kidding. Unless you really want to do it... then, I am totally ok with that .

no thanks. he would squash me like an ant.

TheHerd

Reaction score
doing some quick googling on averages for NFL TEs.....
- average height is 6'3", Rico is 6'8"
- average weight is approx. 250, Rico is 280
- average 40 is 4.77, Rico has been clocked at 4.75

He's considerably bigger and slightly faster. IF the dude can effectively block, run routes and catch he could be an asset

I believe at his pro day they did the actual measurements (since he wasn't at the combine) and he measured 6'6" and 273. He's put on some weight since then so he's probably 280 now.

I hope he turns into a beast, but I'm not sure where this idea comes that the league has never seen anything like him before sizewise - he's essentially Marty B (6'6" 275). For reference, Witt is 6'6" and about 265.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I believe at his pro day they did the actual measurements (since he wasn't at the combine) and he measured 6'6" and 273. He's put on some weight since then so he's probably 280 now.

I hope he turns into a beast, but I'm not sure where this idea comes that the league has never seen anything like him before sizewise - he's essentially Marty B (6'6" 275). For reference, Witt is 6'6" and about 265.

i think 280 is a good estimate though no idea why the cowboy website said 290...
in fact i recall they raised it last year to 290 after a couple months.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

LaQuan McGowen is 6'7 407 lbs lol.

waldoputty

Reaction score
ALL OF THE ABOVE. ;)

Collins would be nice because he was threatening Dak.
Even if it would increase the chance to have a missed tackle, it would be quite enjoyable to see Rico get a running start and jump into Collins.
It may slow the game down when they need to peel him off the turf.
Of course, if he creams mccourty, that means superbowl...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

waldoputty

Reaction score

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I saw that.
However I recall Cowboys website listing him at ~280, and then changing it to 290.
I dont see the ulterior motivation there though.

Well he was in their weight and conditioning program since the proday. Whether he is 280 or 290 is in question but I don't doubt that he is 6-6.

Basketball is not like it was back in the 70s and 80s where players were afraid to put on muscle lest they lose vertical but they do want you lean as possible.

Football is a different animal. The power clean is the staple and explosive power is the game; blockers are also not necessarily discouraged from putting on weight.

Those thunder thighs and bubble that people are talking about are by design. Core strength is where such power comes from.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I saw that.
However I recall Cowboys website listing him at ~280, and then changing it to 290.
I dont see the ulterior motivation there though.

No way that dude is 290 and running routes. He likely more around the 275 range

Jerry could sell tickets to see the half man half beast for the halftime show.
f7cc29f76c21d6ff4145839b2db4559d.jpg