Latest update on Quinn and McDowell

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I would do it for a 2019 4th. Force NO to have to give up a 2019 3rd or 2020 2nd. If they want him that bad, so be it. And in the process, we’re that much closer to Payton leaving NO after 2019 because NO will have no draft picks and be in cap hell

Our pick in the 5th round is before theirs. We can just trade our 2019 5th round pick (165th overall).

Mr_437

Reaction score
If you see the Saints cut or restructure some contracts then they might have Quinn, but sounds like DAL has an offer (fair deal) on the table and they not budging.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
Guys, I don't have any inside info by any stretch, but I think the board's looking at the Quinn holdup from the wrong angle. This isn't about trade compensation, it's about agreeing to terms with Quinn.

The Fins are looking to deal him for as much as possible, sure. But he's not a scheme fit now that they're going to a 3-4 under Flores. And he's not expected to be productive enough to warrant his salary. So they're looking to deal him for whatever they can get.

What's holding this up is Quinn & his unwillingness to agree to terms on a contract. Not voicing my opinion about who's fault that is. Just saying that's what I strongly believe the issue is. Because a team like the Cowboys would simply tell Miami, "we'll give you __________, but not until we agree to financial terms with him." We gave Quinn a # when he visited (or shortly after), and Quinn isn't convinced he can't find more elsewhere. This reported visit to New Orleans is threatening, but isn't it curious it took them 6 days to bring him in after he left Dallas?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Saints literally don't have a 1st, 3rd or 4th round pick. We should be able to get this done.

And yet we don't have a deal done. We're probably offering them a seventh ... 10 years from now, because that's how we roll.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
And yet we don't have a deal done. We're probably offering them a seventh ... 10 years from now, because that's how we roll.

This board is full of these sarcastic pointless posts based on nothing but misinformation. Why I log on to this crap fest I don’t know. I guess I long for the days of intelligent discussion.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys, I don't have any inside info by any stretch, but I think the board's looking at the Quinn holdup from the wrong angle. This isn't about trade compensation, it's about agreeing to terms with Quinn.

The Fins are looking to deal him for as much as possible, sure. But he's not a scheme fit now that they're going to a 3-4 under Flores. And he's not expected to be productive enough to warrant his salary. So they're looking to deal him for whatever they can get.

What's holding this up is Quinn & his unwillingness to agree to terms on a contract. Not voicing my opinion about who's fault that is. Just saying that's what I strongly believe the issue is. Because a team like the Cowboys would simply tell Miami, "we'll give you __________, but not until we agree to financial terms with him." We gave Quinn a # when he visited (or shortly after), and Quinn isn't convinced he can't find more elsewhere. This reported visit to New Orleans is threatening, but isn't it curious it took them 6 days to bring him in after he left Dallas?

Yeah, this is what the holdup is. Who knows how it ends up, but we’re still in play for Quinn. I’m sure the issue is his contract.

Jipper

Reaction score
I agree.

It seems like we're content with "whatever" in the front office.

you can't honestly believe the garbage you are saying right? if you honestly believe a multi billion dollar NFL franchise has a lazi fare attitude towards building a winning team then you are very out of touch.

just because you don't like the FO strategy to fa doesn't mean it is them not doing anything...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Basically the update is saying we could be in a bidding war with the Saints. The Dolphins have the upper hand. They might force us to trade a 4th round pick this year. The McDowell injury sounds mixed on if he can play again.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I watched McDowell play in college, and he was a force on the defensive line, but I didn't really follow his story at all after Seattle drafted him.

Didn't his ATV accident cause extensive damage to his eyes and brain? I feel like him and his family have been extremely hush hush on the extent of his injuries for several years now.