Laufenberg broke down johnsons play from last week!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Oh boy.

Its worse than anyone even thinks.

He showed about 5 plays. Two of them were easy td's.

Johnson had an open passing lane and multiple wr wide open and he checked it down every time!!!!

Today should be fun.

I thought I was crazy for thinking our win over tampa wasnt that big of an accomplishment because I think they stink, and watching them against kc early, they do stink.

I hope we have a miracle in us today. Cause from what I saw from laufenberg with the game film there really is no hope of scoring any points.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theebs;2389743 said:
Oh boy.

Its worse than anyone even thinks.

He showed about 5 plays. Two of them were easy td's.

Johnson had an open passing lane and multiple wr wide open and he checked it down every time!!!!

Today should be fun.

I thought I was crazy for thinking our win over tampa wasnt that big of an accomplishment because I think they stink, and watching them against kc early, they do stink.

I hope we have a miracle in us today. Cause from what I saw from laufenberg with the game film there really is no hope of scoring any points.
You weren't saying that Tampa stunk prior to last week's game.

Funny how that changes.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Don't give up so easy. I'm sure Johnson has had the film broken down for him even though he can see it easily enough by himself. Now whether or not he can do anything about it is another thing. He can make some of the throws he needs to make. He just needs to believe he can do it then do it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Been screaming it all week. Your local high school quarterback could come in and do a better job than Johnson. He was THAT bad.

Anyone who defends the decision is either blind or in denial.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2389758 said:
you seem downright giddy theebs. :rolleyes:
Maybe he's just disgusted that someone in our front office thought Brad Johnson was a good idea.

As Jimmy Johnson said on the Fox pregame, it was downright stupid.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2389762 said:
Maybe he's just disgusted that someone in our front office thought Brad Johnson was a good idea.

As Jimmy Johnson said on the Fox pregame, it was downright stupid.

Anyone can claim things in hindsight. I wasn't for Johnson either but he played well in preseason. He just has bad mechanics right now on top of having no confidence to throw it down the field.

It will become very obvious whether or not he can and will throw the ball down the field very early in the game. If he doesn't do his job well enough we will see Bollinger.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2389773 said:
he missed 2 throws to Owens that would have been tds.
And one to Austin. One to Witten that should never have been tipped. He probably only showed five passes because he had limited airtime.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theogt;2389779 said:
And one to Austin. One to Witten that should never have been tipped. He probably only showed five passes because he had limited airtime.
That was Curtis, I believe.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2389779 said:
hopefully he drinks some of that 5 hour energy drink today.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
windward;2389780 said:
That was Curtis, I believe.
May have been. I just remember the TE on the seam route. I thought it might have been early before Witten got injured.

Rampage;2389781 said:
hopefully he drinks some of that 5 hour energy drink today.
:laugh2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;2389779 said:

That was to Tony Curtis, not Witten. And I agree, should have been a TD.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Rack;2389799 said:
That was to Tony Curtis, not Witten. And I agree, should have been a TD.

I think it was Witten goin down the seam route for an easy TD, that brooks tipped and should have INT

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dargonking999;2389810 said:
I think it was Witten goin down the seam route for an easy TD, that brooks tipped and should have INT

Again, it was Curtis, not Witten.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Bottom line. Brad Johnson has no business in the NFL. for him to even be on our roster is an indictment of Jerry the GM and Wade the coach. he should not have made this team.PERIOD!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
windward;2389754 said:
You weren't saying that Tampa stunk prior to last week's game.

Funny how that changes.

I still dont think Tampa stinks.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
jobberone;2389770 said:
Anyone can claim things in hindsight. I wasn't for Johnson either but he played well in preseason. He just has bad mechanics right now on top of having no confidence to throw it down the field.

It will become very obvious whether or not he can and will throw the ball down the field very early in the game. If he doesn't do his job well enough we will see Bollinger.
He didn't play well in the preseason. It was obvious in preseason a year ago that he had nothing left.

It's not really hindsight if everyone knows it ahead of time. Everyone, perhaps, except for you and Jason Garrett.