Twitter: Laufenberg says Gilbert and DiNucci are done

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mike talked like Gilbert and Rush were neck and neck but didn't sound enthused about either one. Personally I wish they'd find someone on another team because neither is any good.

Dinucci isn't even worth mentioning. He's not even fit for a practice squad.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike talked like Gilbert and Rush were neck and neck but didn't sound enthused about either one. Personally I wish they'd find someone on another team because neither are any good.

Dinucci isn't even worth mentioning. He's not even fit for a practice squad.
Not that it will pay off, but I can see them adding a young QB that got cut from another team to the PS instead of DiNucci. Kinda like Thorson a couple of years ago

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Neither Rush and Gilbert are ideal options but between the two, I always preferred Rush. He's been with the team longer and is more familiar with Kellen Moore. If we're going to go cheap at the position either way, might as well keep Rush since they were grooming him to be the Jason Garrett-like backup since 2017 before they let him go last year.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
You guys still support this organization? Buying gear and paying too dollar for this garbage? We have the worst backups in the NFL.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If Dak is as healthy as they say then it doesn’t really matter.

If not then they should’ve been trying to get Trubisky at the very least.

I have a hard time believing the Bills would ditch him without significant compensation. Why would the Bills trade places with Dallas and leave themselves without a backup for anything less than a pretty good pick?