Lawrence Taylor /Micah Parsons

Doomsday101

Reaction score
LT one of the best I have watched play the game, really redefined the OLB position. As for Parson he is rookie who have been outstanding who does not just want to play the game, he wants greatness and willing to do what he has to do to achieve that greatness. I think Parson is more versatile and needs to be, he does not have Harry Carson and Carl Banks to play along side.

JBond

Reaction score
Parsons is doing it without the cocain, which makes it even more impressive.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
LT was crazy. While at UNC he was wanting to play in pick up basketball games on the outdoor courts with UNC basketball players. They kept telling him to wait his turn, he proceeded to jump up and rip the rim off the backboard and told them if he wasn’t playing no one was gonna play.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The one attribute that I think Taylor has over Micah is Taylor was nasty. He was a bully. He would physically intimidate opponents. I don't see that same thing from Micah.
One of the things that bothered me about Sundays game was how often the Dallas defenders were either picking Commander players off the field...or giving them a tap on the butt after a good play. All of that changed when the Commanders LBer tried to put Dak out for the season. On a similar play that LaVarr Arrington did to end Troy Aikman's career. I live in the Washington area. They HATE the Cowboys. We should never be yukking it up on the field...especially against that team.

What is my point? Nastiness needs to be a team culture. The 85 Bears. The 2000 Ravens. The 92 Cowboys. The Giants that had LT, Carl Banks, Harry Carson, Leonard Marshall, etc..

This team did not have it when Parsons arrived. Heck, I remember DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten getting mad at Dez for showing too much passion. Nasty is not what we do in Dallas. We are lovers, not fighters!

tunahelper

Reaction score
If you saw LT play then ya know nobody not even Deacon Jones or Dick Butkus made the impact this guy did from day one. Cat was a total monster, it was like he was unleashed on the NFL from the pits of hell.

Parsons is doing a great LT impersonation but without the......I will tear your (bad word) head off,,,,,that LT brought. Kind of wish Micah wasn't a nice guy.

LT was All Pro from day one, he had a 20 sack season, many times 15ish, he was simply on a whole other level, something we hadn't seen before.

In order to really get the comparision....

LT was unreal and unsurpassed. Parsons may get there, but he is not there yet. Only defensive player better than LT was Reggie White IMO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you saw LT play then ya know nobody not even Deacon Jones or Dick Butkus made the impact this guy did from day one. Cat was a total monster, it was like he was unleashed on the NFL from the pits of hell.

Parsons is doing a great LT impersonation but without the......I will tear your (bad word) head off,,,,,that LT brought. Kind of wish Micah wasn't a nice guy.

LT was All Pro from day one, he had a 20 sack season, many times 15ish, he was simply on a whole other level, something we hadn't seen before.

In order to really get the comparision....

I need to see 3 full season by MP before we start all this. hes having a great rookie season.

lets leave it at that..

Ive seen a lot of great rookies drop off some..its about careers cant compare careers of HOF to rookie after 13 games..

Hardline

Reaction score
LT played coked up
Maybe Parsons can powder his nose between quarters.

RaZon

Reaction score
I need to see 3 full season by MP before we start all this. hes having a great rookie season.

lets leave it at that..

Ive seen a lot of great rookies drop off some..its about careers cant compare careers of HOF to rookie after 13 games..

Give me the name of the last linebacker who is getting the attention Parsons is getting, who?

Not talking career here, talking immediate impact.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think we should wait a few years to compare Parsons to LT. Micah is a great player, but it takes a track record to be mentioned in the same breath as a force of nature like LT. IMO, of course.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I get the impression LT was street mean, a guy who would fit right in hanging in pool halls and dirty little bars, a thug would work. Don't see that in Parsons.
Parsons plays chess.

RaZon

Reaction score
I think we should wait a few years to compare Parsons to LT. Micah is a great player, but it takes a track record to be mentioned in the same breath as a force of nature like LT. IMO, of course.

We are comparing the immediate impact made not the career.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I've watched both and you can compare them using statistical metrics, but the eras were completely different. This early in Parsons career I have a hard time justifying that one is better than the other.
LT made offenses change how they defended him. Today's offenses are more dominant. Maybe one day Parsons will forced offenses to change.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Parsons is faster… 4.39 vs 4.7
L.T. Is stronger
L.T. Is meaner
L.T. Is more violent
L.T. Is angrier
L.T. Is more coked and hookered up
Both have a knack for making the clutch play

RaZon

Reaction score
Parsons is faster… 4.39 vs 4.7
L.T. Is stronger
L.T. Is meaner
L.T. Is more violent
L.T. Is angrier
L.T. Is more coked and hookered up
Both have a knack for making the clutch play

Where you getting stronger?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Give me the name of the last linebacker who is getting the attention Parsons is getting, who?

Not talking career here, talking immediate impact.

He's used different and plays in Indy, but Darius Leonard was great right out the gate as well in 2018. Parsons benefits from Cowboys national games and popularity bumps when it comes to publicity but if Leonard played in Dallas he'd be a legend too. So you have to factor that in when you talk "attention."

RaZon

Reaction score
He's used different and plays in Indy, but Darius Leonard was great right out the gate as well in 2018. Parsons benefits from Cowboys national games and popularity bumps when it comes to publicity but if Leonard played in Dallas he'd be a legend too. So you have to factor that in when you talk "attention."

Totally agree with that, Leonard was an All Pro as a rookie, good one!!!!

Imagine the attention Jonathan Taylor would be getting if a Cowboy.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Where you getting stronger?

Have you seen LT play?! Dude was the most violent, heavy handed LBer to ever play the game. Yah… he is stronger. Can Micah get there? Maybe. But he is not stronger at this point in his career. Faster? Better bend? Yes