Lawrence, Tyler Smith and Ferguson added to Pro Bowl

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence, LG Tyler Smith and TE Jake Ferguson were added to Pro Bowl Games roster. First career appearance for Smith and Ferguson. RG Zack Martin is not attending game for personal reasons, team announced. Dak Prescott also not attending; Baker Mayfield replaces him, per Buccaneers.

That makes eight Cowboys players in Orlando.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure why players care about the accolade when they quit caring about the game long ago. It's meaningless now and should be retired.
The honor is in being chosen as an all star level player, not the game itself. The game was just something to draw in fans and make the league some money

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Can't.
TV money for ads.

Good for Ferg to get recognized.
Do you really think a player is a Probowler if he's a second or third alternate because other players either can't participate because of injury or don't want to because they know it's a waste of time, ......NFL needs to just give these players a Trophy/plaque, a check and be done with this farcical charade.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The real all-star award is the 1st and 2nd team all-pros. However, I still think the Pro-Bowl is a nice recognition for players that had good seasons. Sure there are players that make it on name recognition, but that's mostly offensive linemen which is more subjective.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Deserved. The team finish 12-5 and NFC East Champions. Blame everything else on the culture the owner, gm and head coach who are the same person created.

Jerry and Stephen Jones have been given the talent by Jimmy Johnson, John Wooten, Bob Ackles, and now Will McClay. Talent is not the problem...character, integrity, and dysfunctional leadership is the problem.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I have a feeling the pro bowl game is not what any of these players go for. These people go party with Hollywood jack wagons and elites for a couple nights in February. It's most likely a chance to sign deals with companies and get your name out to make yourself money in the future. The game part means nothing. Hopefully none of our guys take up the offer to fly private to some rich dudes island. :muttley:
This guy knows

Mr_437

Reaction score
Do you really think a player is a Probowler if he's a second or third alternate because other players either can't participate because of injury or don't want to because they know it's a waste of time, ......NFL needs to just give these players a Trophy/plaque, a check and be done with this farcical charade.
Can't say I don't agree with you, but for Ferg I look at it as an opportunity to be around the elite players and maybe pick up on some things. Alternate or not he'll be viewed as a top guy at his position.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Can't say I don't agree with you, but for Ferg I look at it as an opportunity to be around the elite players and maybe pick up on some things. Alternate or not he'll be viewed as a top guy at his position.
Gosh, Micah will be doing a lot of courting to get players to come to this team