Twitter: LB DeMarvion Overshown on Dallas DC Mike Zimmer: "Just do what he says"

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
which was?
The star players get star treatment.

https://johngronski.com/do-not-treat-everyone-equally/

A few decades later, Jimmy Johnson, head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, realized the same thing Lombardi had known. People need to be treated as individuals if the team is going to gain success. One day a reporter asked Jimmy Johnson if he would treat his star quarterback, Troy Aikman, the same way as a third-string lineman if he caught them both dozing off in a team meeting.

Johnson answered, “Absolutely not. If I found a third-string lineman sleeping in a team meeting I would cut him immediately. If I found Troy Aikman sleeping in a meeting, I would gently wake him and ask him if I could bring him a cup of coffee.”

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The star players get star treatment.

https://johngronski.com/do-not-treat-everyone-equally/

A few decades later, Jimmy Johnson, head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, realized the same thing Lombardi had known. People need to be treated as individuals if the team is going to gain success. One day a reporter asked Jimmy Johnson if he would treat his star quarterback, Troy Aikman, the same way as a third-string lineman if he caught them both dozing off in a team meeting.

Johnson answered, “Absolutely not. If I found a third-string lineman sleeping in a team meeting I would cut him immediately. If I found Troy Aikman sleeping in a meeting, I would gently wake him and ask him if I could bring him a cup of coffee.”
yikes lol

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Its good for this team that Zimmer brings that edge and disciplinary approach. Quinn was a good motivator and when things were going well his defenses looked unstoppable. But when things got tough I don't know if that accountability was there or the in game adaption.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Why would an ALL PRO (professional) be your concern... he will free lance within defined limits... same as he did with Quinn... why create an issue that hasn't presented itself?

Has Parson been uncoachable at any point in his career or college?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Let's see what happens when Micah doesn't, let's see if he has the guts enough to PULL him!!!
Why would he? The defense is going to built around putting Parsons in position to make plays. And there's no evidence that Parsons has balked at doing what's been asked of him before. If he had a history of not doing what he was asked, there might be a basis for this.