News: LBS: Trey Lance to serve as secret weapon for Cowboys?

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m hoping Trey can give us something that can help us but I’m not counting on it.

pitt33

Reaction score
It is always funny when the media tries to make it seem like a player obtained from an upcoming opponent will provide valuable intel on that opponent that is not already widely know in film study and experiece playing against them.

Of course ignore the fact that the 49ers were willing to trade him to the Cowboys which confirms they had no fear of any "secret" information he might take with him.
Niners just wanted that 4th round pick.

Just trying to recoup some of their losses…albeit just that pick after giving up so much to get him.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Trey Lance a secret weapon? That's like us dropping hand grenades on Japan instead of the atomic bomb. The bang is loud but the impact is minimal. :)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Treys secret advice to cowboys? Score in red zone and dont throw an int. there either = win

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lance: Hey guys, remember how they manhandled you two years ago and showed more grit than you last year? Well, that's their game plan.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
A player is going to be loyal to his new team, not his old one.

Players change teams throughout the season so this happens quite often every year.

The Patriots signed Elliott in the off-season, and more recently signed Will Grier (who was on the Bengals practice squad) to their active roster a couple of weeks ago.

Studying the film of recent games by opponents as well as the games you played against that team directly will yield way more information than acquiring a player from another team will.

On top of that, many players on teams have friends on other teams and I am sure it is very common for those players to trade what they learned about those teams in games against them.

For example, players from NFC East teams would have incentive to share what they know from playing the Cowboys twice a year with their friends on teams who have upcoming games against the Cowboys.

In an ideal world you would never want a player on your team this season to end up on an upcoming opponent's team, but it happens quite often so coaches and players are quite used to it by now.
I should have used the sarcasm fount :)

J-man

Reaction score
I wouldn't mins seeing him come in and run one in for TD late in the game to seal the victory and get a dig in at his former team.
Otherwise, no, keep your a** on the bench.