Learn and Move On.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
As I said earlier this week, fives time since 1990 has the Super Bowl featured a rematch of teams that had met in the regular season. In four of those five meetings, the loser of the regular season contest won the Super Bowl rematch.

My point here is simple. Super Bowls are not won or lost in early October. Dallas is the third youngest team in the league and should mature considerably in the following months, especially when missing starters and key contributors such as Anthony Henry, Terry Glenn, and Tank Johnson return.

Dallas will improve. And if the team gleans anything from Sunday, it should be how the Patriots handled this type of game.

Learn, and move on.

(Perhaps Phillips should call Mack Brown for some advice. If anyone knows how to play well the week after getting his head kicked in, it's Brown. :laugh2: )

utrunner07

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1710176 said:

(Perhaps Phillips should call Mack Brown for some advice. If anyone knows how to play well the week after getting his head kicked in, it's Brown. :laugh2: )

As a horns fan i find this both sad and quiet humorous at the same time...:laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
In a nutshell that is it.

Michael Irvin who I rarely agree with on anything, said this is the kind of game his teams had to lose before they could win. He also said romo, owens and crayton looked timid early in the game like they didnt believe they belonged on the field with the pats.

I have to agree, only good can come from this. WHen Henry is back and nate jones can be taken off the field we will have more success against those spread sets, and oh by the way no one has as close to as much talent as the pats.

I am not concerned at all tonight and I am a worry wart. beat minnesota and all will be fine.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I jokingly told PatriotFan big mouths on a hockey board that the Cowboys were playing today only to learn and that I would be happy if we lost to the greatest team ever assembled and coached by the greatest football mind of all time by 35 points.

The "learn" comment came from what the USSR hockey team said to Canada in 1972 before our huge summit series which Canada barely won 4-3-1.

We will be back.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
All you can do is move on and get ready for Minnesota. Being 6-1 going into the bye and then the division game against Philadelphia will be big if we win.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
theebs;1710185 said:

Michael Irvin who I rarely agree with on anything, said this is the kind of game his teams had to lose before they could win. He also said romo, owens and crayton looked timid early in the game like they didnt believe they belonged on the field with the pats.
I have to agree, only good can come from this. WHen Henry is back and nate jones can be taken off the field we will have more success against those spread sets, and oh by the way no one has as close to as much talent as the pats.

I am not concerned at all tonight and I am a worry wart. beat minnesota and all will be fine.

And that right there is what I thought I was seeing at the beginning of the game. It's almost like they were afraid to make the early mistake that might put us in a hole. Then they go and don't do ANYTHING on offense and end up putting us in a hole regardless.

We've got to figure out a way to get Romo going early. He's always starting slow and is amazing once he finds a rythm, but he takes a good quarter to find it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yeah, we looked tentative, like even Crayton not catching a sure first down on the second series.

It is like the 31-7 game against the Eagles in 1992.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
theebs;1710185 said:

Ozzu;1710196 said:
And that right there is what I thought I was seeing at the beginning of the game. It's almost like they were afraid to make the early mistake that might put us in a hole. Then they go and don't do ANYTHING on offense and end up putting us in a hole regardless.

We've got to figure out a way to get Romo going early. He's always starting slow and is amazing once he finds a rythm, but he takes a good quarter to find it.

I felt the same thing guys. I was saying they look like they're scared to death of the Cheats.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
utrunner07;1710181 said:
As a horns fan i find this both sad and quiet humorous at the same time...:laugh2:

It wasn't 65-13, but it certainly felt like it.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score

Dallas will improve. And if the team gleans anything from Sunday, it should be how the Patriots handled this type of game.

Learn, and move on.

You are absolutely right. Indy was horrible when it came to run defense but later in the season they got much better with just one player returning from IR.

The season is still young, I am so happy with this record especially after seeing teams that are 0-6 , 0-5 , or 1-4. Imagine being the fan of one of those teams.

Hopefully the coaching staff is making adjustments as they move along and I think the Boys will be fine.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
theebs;1710185 said:

The Cowboys cannot let New England beat them twice. The Minny game will be very similar to Dallas playing Oakland shortly after getting throttled by San Francisco in 1995.

hendog

Reaction score
I think last weeks debacle and then the short week led to us being tentative. we didn't want to "lose" the game in the first quarter. You have to be in a few ** these games bfore you can start to win them. We're getting closer. Now we just have to take care of bus against the rest.

Make no mistake the Pats are a good ,well coached ,EXPERIENCED team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
As I said earlier this week, fives time since 1990 has the Super Bowl featured a rematch of teams that had met in the regular season. In four of those five meetings, the loser of the regular season contest won the Super Bowl rematch.

My point here is simple. Super Bowls are not won or lost in early October. Dallas is the third youngest team in the league and should mature considerably in the following months, especially when missing starters and key contributors such as Anthony Henry, Terry Glenn, and Tank Johnson return.

Learn, and move on.

Great Post ..... almost missed it in between all the crybaby troll threads

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1710227 said:
It wasn't 65-13, but it certainly felt like it.

Odd, to me it seems alot more like 27-41 to me...if that. Probably more like 27-34. The game was alot closer than the score indicates.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1710207 said:
I felt the same thing guys. I was saying they look like they're scared to death of the Cheats.

Make it another one here. Romo and Crayton (which really surprised me) looked so tentative/nervous/tight/something. That surprised me, especially from Crayton.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1710326 said:
Make it another one here. Romo and Crayton (which really surprised me) looked so tentative/nervous/tight/something. That surprised me, especially from Crayton.

I kind of think that is ok though, it is to be expected.

you see that alot when teams play the yankees at yankee stadium for the first time.

If we win 3 of our next 4, nothing about this game will matter. Especially if henry is healthy and tank johnson can still play.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
theebs;1710343 said:
I kind of think that is ok though, it is to be expected.

you see that alot when teams play the yankees at yankee stadium for the first time.

If we win 3 of our next 4, nothing about this game will matter. Especially if henry is healthy and tank johnson can still play.

Very true and good point.

Contrary to what everybody believes, we played the Pats very well even if the score doesnt indicate it, and if we're healthy and dont make stupid mistakes, I have no doubt that we win that game.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1710349 said:
Very true and good point.

Contrary to what everybody believes, we played the Pats very well even if the score doesnt indicate it, and if we're healthy and dont make stupid mistakes, I have no doubt that we win that game.

Hey, we're 5-1, and the Pats aren't even in our conference.

If, let's say, we lost to the Skins on our home turf, it WOULD concern me.