News: Legendary WR Randy Moss coaches up Cowboys slot star Cole Beasley

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's how I always looked at him. Though Belichick later came out and said Moss was one of the smartest players he'd ever been around. I thought that was pretty interesting.

He might be X's and O's smart, and that's what I think Belichick was referring to. But when it came to work ethic and maximizing his God-given talents, he was almost 'Rolando McClain stupid'.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, I've got that covered in spades, what's step two?

Step two doesn't matter if you've covered step one. Otherwise, 'be very very rich' is step two.
Step three is 'be very very lonely.'

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He might be X's and O's smart, and that's what I think Belichick was referring to. But when it came to work ethic and maximizing his God-given talents, he was almost 'Rolando McClain stupid'.

Could have been the best WR ever if he had 1/2 of Rice's (or TO's, or Irvin's) work ethic. But those kinds of work ethics don't grow on trees.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
That's what occurred to me too. The two players couldn't be more different and I think that the last guy who should be coaching anyone is Randy Moss. He lived and died with his athletic ability and if not for his issues in the mental department, could have been the greatest receiver of all time.

Not sure that he's the best resource to go to for any pointers.

As long as he isn't teaching Cole to dress himself it should be okay.

blog_emp-5506515-300x181.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcLOLgvO-Dzts-DKvVHuGo_yFwrv-f17hoAI7Gb6bhhG2sDRItWA

mosspats.jpg

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Love it. When we have a quarterback capable of getting him the ball hes a fun little player to watch. Im glad to see he didnt sign his contract and forget about his game.

Yeah. Your asking a lot from the backups to hit the guy who is wide open 5-10 yards away.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah. Your asking a lot from the backups to hit the guy who is wide open 5-10 yards away.

Apparently because they clearly did not and could not. Romo however was able to get 300 yds and 4 tds out of him the last 6 games of 2014. It looked like he may have been developing into a nice little slot player. I cant hold too much of a grudge after witnessing the trash we put on the field last year.