Twitter: Leighton Vander Esch (neck) headed to IR

J-man

Reaction score
Well I guess now I know why my post 30 minutes ago asking this question was mysteriously deleted.
I'd like too get more of an update on what the injury actually is, how serious it is etc.
All I have seen or heard is that he hurt his neck. That cam mean a lot of things.

CoachD

Reaction score
An injury to LVE is as common as a punt in the NFL, this is his last year with the Cowboys if not in the NFL.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
At this point the guy needs to retire and move on. He kept working hard and trying. I give him a lot of credit dealing with barbs that he was done years earlier and working toward coming back but it seems his body is done.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Interesting this has developed into a possible season ending injury, and at that point career ending injury may creep into the discussion.

The LB position is now in transition. One thing is for sure the Cowboys need to add some LBs because these Ss aren't even doing the job at Safety, let alone LB.

Creeper

Reaction score
What is his injury exactly? I read x-rays taken were negative. X-rays can show bulging disks, bones out of place, basically any structural damage. Negative, to me, mean they found none of that.

Now his season may be over?

John813

Reaction score
What is his injury exactly? I read x-rays taken were negative. X-rays can show bulging disks, bones out of place, basically any structural damage. Negative, to me, mean they found none of that.

Now his season may be over?

Yea, unless the MRI showed some type of pinched nerve or inflammation and they want him to rest/wait till inflammation goes down prior to further diagnosis?

Creeper

Reaction score
Yea, unless the MRI showed some type of pinched nerve or inflammation and they want him to rest/wait till inflammation goes down prior to further diagnosis?
Did he have an MRI? I did not read that. I guess it would be reasonable to assume he did. Still, I havent heard anything about what an MRI showed. Soft tissue injuries, unless there is a tear, should not be season ending. Inflammation is at most a 4 week recovery with the medical care players get.

It is what it is. I guess they just have to deal with it.