Leinart's Pro Day performance passing has been described as solid, not spectacular

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Matt Leinart's Pro Day performance passing has been described as solid, not spectacular.

It's notoriously difficult to get accurate information from these Pro Days. Leinart had some comments possible future teammate Chad Pennington may be interested in, "Broadway Joe (Namath) is the last big-time guy they've had, a star on and off the field," Leinart said. "I'm confident that I could be that kind of player."

Apr. 3 - 8:48 am et
Source: New York Daily News

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yet another small reason why I don't believe in Leinart. Why should he even be thinking about being a star off the field?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
"Broadway Joe (Namath) is the last big-time guy they've had, a star on and off the field," Leinart said. "I'm confident that I could be that kind of player."
Wow, what a little prick. Solid, but not spectacular seems apt to me.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Yet another small reason why I don't believe in Leinart. Why should he even be thinking about being a star off the field?

If HE were there at 18...... :)

MONT17

Reaction score
Lienhart is Pennington just no IR trips under his belt!!! Lienhart needs an ALL STAR team to succeed and he still lost to Vince Young in the biggest game of his life!!!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's all about opinions...the other day I read somewhere about him running a play where he rolls left, switches his field and rolls back right by design, and throwing against his left arm tendencies, he hit Bush 30 yards downfield against the sideline, in stride.

That sounds pretty good to me....no one ever said he was the next Jeff George or rocket-arm...but no one has ever said he has a weak arm. Leinart has above average arm strength, better than average accuracy, but he doesn't have a cannon, nor is he Troy Aikman...to suggest that means he's not going to be a very successful QB in the NFL is silly.

I remember how you guys pounded Carson Palmer and his lousy career at USC, but I told you he had had a different OC every year until his senior year when he had Chow for the 2nd year in a row, and that he was going to be great.

Leinart has done everything anyone could ask of a QB in the college game...tell me what he could have done better...even in the rose bowl loss, he performed against a great and active defense under great pressure and had an unbelievable 2nd half, scoring on almost every possession to cut down the gap from the first half.

Again, what could he have done more than he did as the QB of USC?

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but it sounds to me like many just try to find anything wrong with a guy to say he will fail. Leinart will NOT fail in the NFL...if he does, it will be a much bigger shocker than seeing guys like Leif, George, and Shuler fail...Leinart has had a great 3 year run in college.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
Lienhart is Pennington just no IR trips under his belt!!! Lienhart needs an ALL STAR team to succeed and he still lost to Vince Young in the biggest game of his life!!!
You're blaming HIM for the loss?!?! He had 380 yds passing and was a technician on one of the better defenses in the country. The same can't be said for Vince Young who made most of his plays with his feet. Come on :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dehart15 said:
you people are crazy. lienart(lion-hart) is a born winner...
:welcome: to the forum.

I still say Jay Cutler will be the best of the big 3 at QB.

shnagy

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Matt Leinart's Pro Day performance passing has been described as solid, not spectacular.

It's notoriously difficult to get accurate information from these Pro Days. Leinart had some comments possible future teammate Chad Pennington may be interested in, "Broadway Joe (Namath) is the last big-time guy they've had, a star on and off the field," Leinart said. "I'm confident that I could be that kind of player."

Thats odd because I could have swore that I was watching ESPN and they said that he completed all 42 or so of his passes on his Pro Day. Oh well, I still think he will be a great football player.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Mayock on the NFL Network compared him to Chris Simms... for whatever that's worth.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
Gryphon said:

he's a chump, and thats why he got punked in the rose bowl. he's got no STONES.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
theogt said:
In terms of what?
Talent... potential.

He qualified it by saying that he thought Simms is a decent QB, so he didn't mean it as an insult. On the other hand, look where Simms was drafted. Just saying that Leinart is overrated right now as a high first round draft pick.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
It's no surprise he wants to be a star off the field. He turned down many millions of dollars for an extra year of college parties.