Lendale White the new Clarrett?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Lendale White. Overweight and out of shape and has never had a timed 40.
Did virtually nothing yesterday- barely beat out the punter (15-14) on bench press. This is the guy some here want to draft as our new RB?

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
i'd like to think of the lendale white that was a mack truck for USC. but if he shows up outta shape and suckin wind, i wouldn't draft him. clarett was a clown and had no work ethic. i wouldn't stretch as far to say that lendale is the next clarett. he better get his act together though.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I don't really care what his numbers are. He was the second best player on the field in the Rose Bowl. He has great feet and a passion for contact. Bettis was very good for many years and there was no way he was 250 for most of them and who knows what his forty was.

burmafrd

Reaction score
There is no way to compare White with the Bus- especially attitude and work ethic. The point is that he KNEW how important this was- and he still showed up fat and unready- and his whole ATTITUDE stank.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
There is no way to compare White with the Bus- especially attitude and work ethic. The point is that he KNEW how important this was- and he still showed up fat and unready- and his whole ATTITUDE stank.

I think it would be a stretch to say that White is another Clarett. I think it does say something that he didn't participate and he was out of shape but then again, I did hear it reported that he had a pulled Ham so I don't know. I suppose it would depend on the sevarity of the injury. How long has he been injured? Is he really injured? Either way, I think he cost himself some money on draft day. The only way to make it up is set up a personal work out and go from there. Maybe there is a certain team he wants to play for, who knows?

burmafrd

Reaction score
reports of his attitude problems started before the Rose Bowl. He is steadily shooting his career in the ***.

wxcpo

Reaction score
I wouldn't put White in Clarett's same category yet, but he certainly showed signs of headed that way. For now I view him the same as you would view Ron Dayne or the guy who plays for Atlanta (having a major brain fart right now) right now.

I wouldn't put him in the same class as the Bus either and I definately do not want the Cowboys calling his name come draft day either.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
wxcpo said:
I wouldn't put White in Clarett's same category yet, but he certainly showed signs of headed that way. For now I view him the same as you would view Ron Dayne or the guy who plays for Atlanta (having a major brain fart right now) right now.

I wouldn't put him in the same class as the Bus either and I definately do not want the Cowboys calling his name come draft day either.

Yup, I totally agree. You were brain farting about TJ Duckett from MSU. White seems to be in that Dayne class for now until he proves he is committed to getting in shape/working out and such.

If we draft a RB it will be for some far-off strange reason that we traded/cut one of our backs...just MO.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
even though he didn't work out he will still go in the first 2 rounds he has that much talent.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL | L. White being compared to Clarett
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:35:14 -0700

Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports USC RB LenDale White is being mentioned in the same company as free agent RB Maurice Clarett. An NFL exeutive said, "We had one of our scouts go up and ask him what was going on (after White didn't run). The kid said his hamstring was tight or something like that. Then we tried to find out when he was going to run and he didn't know. It didn't even sound like he was going to run. What does this kid think?" A former USC offensive player who once was a teammate of White's said, "The guy can play, but he just gets by. He coasted in practice and he coasted in the offseason. He came in thinking he just had to put in his time and that's what you see now." The teammate added that the things White was able to do was because he played next to RB Reggie Bush and the other guys around him. He added that White would be amazing if he really worked at it.

NFL | L. White trying to keep covered
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:34:44 -0700

Jason Cole, writing for NBCSports.com, reports USC RB LenDale White wore a loose-fitting warm-up suit during his Pro Day in an effort to not show much of his body. He drew audible groans from NFL scouts at the NFL Combine when he showed his chest. After seeing White at the NFL Combine, one NFL general manager said, "The guy needed a bra, it was ridiculous. You come to the combine looking like that and you want to be a first-round pick? Come on. The guy had obviously been doing nothing."

felix360

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
After seeing White at the NFL Combine, one NFL general manager said, "The guy needed a bra, it was ridiculous. You come to the combine looking like that and you want to be a first-round pick? Come on. The guy had obviously been doing nothing."

Damn was it that bad, a bra?? that is serious coming from a GM, how sad, this guy is at the earliest going in the third round. Even I dont believe he will though, I predict Fourth roud

burmafrd

Reaction score
Probably end of 2nd rd, maybe early 3rd if he does not do something pretty quick to stop the bleeding.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
per PFT

WHITE SAYS HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE WORK ETHIC

In a Monday appearance on the NFL Network's Total Access, former USC running back LenDale White spent most of his time 'splaining away his abysmal pro day workout from Sunday, which (he claims) resulted from a previously undisclosed hamstring injury. His upper body didn't cooperate much more, allowing him to manage only 15 reps in the 225-pound bench press.

But even as he attempted to defuse the notion that he didn't work out because he's out of shape, White conceded that he needs to work on his "overall work ethic."

Even though the appearance with Rich Eisen and Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman had the feel of a Pete Carroll-Pat Kirwan inside job aimed at giving White a chance to redeem himself and preserve his draft status, we think it worked. Scouts love White's film, so there's no issue as to his ability. The bigger question is one of maturity, and perhaps his performance from Sunday has been the kick to the cajones that he needed in order to realize that he's not going to be able to buy nice things (like that Range Rover he was driving on Sunday) if he doesn't work hard on a consistent basis.

Still, we don't see White lasting beyond the fifteenth overall pick, which we think the Broncos acquired from Atlanta in the specific hope that the Denver product would be available in that spot.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Thanks Woody, like I said the guy is too talented to slip far. I don't care what the workout numbers on him are. He has quick feet good vision and a penchant for contact. Look at what he does in the actual games. He was as valuable to what USC did last year as Bush and Leinert were. He was the 2nd best player on the field in the Rose Bowl.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Natedawg44 said:
Thanks Woody, like I said the guy is too talented to slip far. I don't care what the workout numbers on him are. He has quick feet good vision and a penchant for contact. Look at what he does in the actual games. He was as valuable to what USC did last year as Bush and Leinert were. He was the 2nd best player on the field in the Rose Bowl.

Draft history is full of flawed characters who have too much talent to slip far. They get drafted high, and then bust. I can't see why any team would spend a high 1 on any prospect with such a major character flaw. There are too many good players on the board at that point to justify that risk.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of an offensive skill-position player who overcame a lazy rep to be an impact player. There must be one. Can anybody help a brother out?

burmafrd

Reaction score
He better run a 40 before the draft or he will slip to the 2nd. And he better show that he can do better as regards attitude. Right now he is no longer a first rd choice.