Lendale White

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Not sure if this flew under the radar or not but I saw that Lendale White was in Dallas for a workout on Monday.

silver

Reaction score
Doomsday said:
Not sure if this flew under the radar or not but I saw that Lendale White was in Dallas for a workout on Monday.
yes. make it happen. trade down and get the big guy, plus a 3rd

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
They probably brought him in as a smokescreen and possibly to prod Pittsburg to trade up from 32. That's probably the clearest draft-day trade I've heard: Cowboys move to 32 and pick up a 3rd or a 4th and 5th. That would be the trade I would like because it would give us more picks.

We could also trade completely out of the first round and pick up a first rounder next year plus a third this year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday said:

he came in for the pro day visits with the other group, but he cant run right now...torn hamstring..he isnt working out for anyone

David

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It just seems odd that JJ went out of his way to say they were looking for defensive help. Makes me wonder if that isnt a bunch of bs. Last year BP told Merriman he was his guy and every draft guru had him going to Dallas.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I can't stand soft players- that means no White, no Watson, no Greenway, no Scott, no Jean-Gilles. We don't need a RB. But if there was suddenly a law that said we HAD to take one early I'd take Deangelo Williams ALL DAY over Mr. "I could have gotten that half yard but I ate a big dinner" White.

End rant.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
They probably brought him in as a smokescreen and possibly to prod Pittsburg to trade up from 32. That's probably the clearest draft-day trade I've heard: Cowboys move to 32 and pick up a 3rd or a 4th and 5th. That would be the trade I would like because it would give us more picks.

We could also trade completely out of the first round and pick up a first rounder next year plus a third this year.

I hope you're right. I think that's the way to go this year.

silver

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
I can't stand soft players- that means no White, no Watson, no Greenway, no Scott, no Jean-Gilles. We don't need a RB. But if there was suddenly a law that said we HAD to take one early I'd take Deangelo Williams ALL DAY over Mr. "I could have gotten that half yard but I ate a big dinner" White.

End rant.
On tape Lendale White is the next Franco Harris. Workout warriors like Mike Mamula would've loved to play at the pro level the way White played at the collegiate level. He shows up to play. Emmitt was accused of being slow and not a fan of the gym too. He also dropped to 17 because of that. How did he turn out. Blair Thomas was the one with 4.4 speed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
silver said:
On tape Lendale White is the next Franco Harris. Workout warriors like Mike Mamula would've loved to play at the pro level the way White played at the collegiate level. He shows up to play. Emmitt was accused of being slow and not a fan of the gym too. He also dropped to 17 because of that. How did he turn out. Blair Thomas was the one with 4.4 speed.

I agree and actually think White will do very well in the NFL. I also expect him to go to the Steelers

silver

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree and actually think White will do very well in the NFL. I also expect him to go to the Steelers
i would love for us to trade down with the colts for them to get maroney and us to get white and an extra 3rd.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
silver said:
i would love for us to trade down with the colts for them to get maroney and us to get white and an extra 3rd.

I'm expecting some type of trade down from 18 have no clue with which team that may be but I think it will happen. Of course it will depend on who is still on the board at that time.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No way we should drop 14 spots in the first round for a second day pick (which Pitt's pick in the 3rd essentially is).

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Avery said:
No way we should drop 14 spots in the first round for a second day pick (which Pitt's pick in the 3rd essentially is).

Why not if you can still get a guy you want? You get him and another pick or two.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Why not if you can still get a guy you want? You get him and another pick or two.

It's about value and about being fair.

Moving down is OK, but you have to get more than that.