Leonard Fournette Arrested

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You getting ready for the Rugby World Cup?
Who ya got? You know I live and die by my Black Feather.
My body... is ready.

Wait, is there another thread for this?

England is who I'm cheering for. Can't rule out the All Blacks or Fiji though.

Flamma

Reaction score
I love the way they report this stuff. I guess different states do things differently, but you don't get arrested for driving on a suspended license, knowingly or not. You get arrested for driving on a revoked license, or unpaid tickets which placed a warrant on you. If you don't pay your tickets and they place a warrant out for your arrest, it doesn't matter why you get pulled over, you're going to jail.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I love the way they report this stuff. I guess different states do things differently, but you don't get arrested for driving on a suspended license, knowingly or not. You get arrested for driving on a revoked license, or unpaid tickets which placed a warrant on you. If you don't pay your tickets and they place a warrant out for your arrest, it doesn't matter why you get pulled over, you're going to jail.
Yep

The Article said:
Jacksonville defense attorney Gene Nichols, not affiliated with Fournette's case, said people are only issued a minor civil citation if they don't know their license is suspended.

Fournette was cited on Nov. 17, 2018, in Neptune Beach for going 37 mph in a 25-mph zone. The ticket was $204 and he never paid it. Fournette's driver’s license was suspended last month.

Not a Florida resident but most states issue a citation, failure to pay some then see that as a request for court, failure to appear in court they issue a bench warrant and suspend your license. Again not a Florida resident and I could be far off base.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

That's what happened. His license was suspended because he didn't pay a ticket.

Fournette was cited on Nov. 17, 2018, in Neptune Beach for going 37 mph in a 25-mph zone. The ticket was $204 and he never paid it. Fournette's driver’s license was suspended last month.

I would think every state would arrest someone driving on a suspended license. Sure you aren't thinking, "expired".

Flamma

Reaction score
I would think every state would arrest someone driving on a suspended license. Sure you aren't thinking, "expired".

Positive. As I have done it unknowingly. All they do is suspend it further. A lot of times it is suspended due to failure to pay fines (see above), but in that case it's not the suspension that gets you arrested. But if it's revoked for something like DWI you'll get arrested.