Leonard Williams Anyone?

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
If I were the Cowboys I would try my hand at attempting to trade for him. We need that monster in the middle that can take over. He's only 25 and being wasted with the Jets.

revospeed

Reaction score
I’d love for it to happen, but I doubt it will. Much like my chances with all the cheerleaders, except Rowdy.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Mohammed Wilkerson was just arrested for DUI. He should be dirt ball cheap right now. I'm just writing that because I would rather not give up any pick for a player right now. So my choices are limited.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jets aren't going to donate him. He will be expensive and then joins the list of young, talented stars that needs a new contract in the off-season.

I get what you are thinking, add a young, talented kid to a position of need. There's just a lot more to it.

I would applaud this move, fully understanding the costs involved.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Jets aren't going to donate him. He will be expensive and then joins the list of young, talented stars that needs a new contract in the off-season.

I get what you are thinking, add a young, talented kid to a position of need. There's just a lot more to it.

I would applaud this move, fully understanding the costs involved.

They have him playing out of position in their defense and it's sad to watch...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They have him playing out of position in their defense and it's sad to watch...
He can literally play 3 spots in a 4-man front but you are right, he belongs in the interior.

Size, strength, and athleticism-wise, he reminds me of Reggie White. Big, powerful, and quick. He hasn't produced like Reggie did, but I feel he has that type of ability. I coached his USC teammate Claude Pelon in junior college. I thought Claude had the most powerful, quick striking hands I had ever seen. Then, I went to a USC practice to watch Claude and saw Leonard Williams up close. Violent hands and lateral explosion. Yes please.

Last edited:

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He can literally play 3 spots in a 4-man front but you are right, he belongs in the interior.

Size, strength, and athleticism-wise, he reminds me of Reggie White. Big, powerful, and quick. He hasn't produced like Reggie did, but I feel he has that type of ability. I coached his USC teammate Claude Pelon in junior college. I thought Claude had the most powerful, quick striking hands I had ever seen. Then, I went to a USC practice and saw Leonard Williams. Violent hands and lateral explosion. Yes please.

He would take this defense to the next level in my opinion...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He would take this defense to the next level in my opinion...
He would have the type of impact that Amari did for the offense (which could be said a bout a few of the trade suggestions floating around).

He would make Maliek Collins better because the blocking schemes would be designed to double Leonard, which also benefits everyone around him, Tank, Quinn, Jaylon, and LVE.

Interior pressure in the QB's face also helps the corners.

Nothing will help our current safeties.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
He would have the type of impact that Amari did for the offense (which could be said a bout a few of the trade suggestions floating around).

He would make Maliek Collins better because the blocking schemes would be designed to double Leonard, which also benefits everyone around him, Tank, Quinn, Jaylon, and LVE.

Interior pressure in the QB's face also helps the corners.

Nothing will help our current safeties.

Exactly... I think Woods is playing decent.