Let’s get James

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Would love to get James. We have needed a dynamic safety for a long time.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
We suck at second round picks anyway...trade if and grab the best player in the draft

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
He’s not worth a trade up. If we want a safety so bad get Edmunds in round 2. Same combine numbers as James with equal game film. Just less hype

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, I like James, but I'm not sure I want to trade up for him. If he falls to us at 19, great. But, what we need more than safety is LB, and I like Rashaan Evans. I think he'd be an absolute boss for us. He'd be worth staying at 19 to get.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
The only player I would be willing to trade away a 2nd for to move up.

I totally agree and the emphasis in FA period to help the offense makes me think the emphasis in the draft is to help the defense. Derwin James is a guy who could bring the secondary together.

SS: Derwin James
FS: Xavier Woods (natural position)
CB's: Byron Jones, Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdon Lewis

That gives you a tremendous young secondary.

Need to find a LB in day 2 which I really like is Fred Warner who I think can play all 3 LB spots. We could add another LB or 2 day 3.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I totally agree and the emphasis in FA period to help the offense makes me think the emphasis in the draft is to help the defense. Derwin James is a guy who could bring the secondary together.

Need to find a LB in day 2 which I really like is Fred Warner who I think can play all 3 LB spots. We could add another LB or 2 day 3.

I like Fred Warner as well. I think he'd be a good pick up. And I was thinking of a double dip of him and Evans. But, I suppose James and Warner would work as well.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score

There’s a lot of linebacker talent in the middle rounds. Cichy, Jewell, Warner & Griffin make it an easy decision to move up for Derwin James.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who do you want at 19?

Depends who’s there. I’d lean towards one of the DTs, but I’d love James if he were to drop. I don’t want WR, and didn’t before Hurns. I could live with a trade back and Hernandez if we don’t fill that LG spot. Normally I hate taking an OG that high, but he’s likely one of the best players on the board at ~25. Or at least safest.

Verdict

Reaction score
I wouldn't like the Roquan pick. I know he is rated high but he would get killed as a MLB for us. Bad fit. We need a thumper MLB.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Depends who’s there. I’d lean towards one of the DTs, but I’d love James if he were to drop. I don’t want WR, and didn’t before Hurns. I could live with a trade back and Hernandez if we don’t fill that LG spot. Normally I hate taking an OG that high, but he’s likely one of the best players on the board at ~25. Or at least safest.

Sounds like you really like James as a player who isn't falling to 19 but won't trade up, you hate drafting a OG in the first round but willing too even though we might have made moves to address the position, and won't take a WR at 19.

You are limiting yourself in the draft aren't you?