Let Cooper walk and draft Ceedee Lamb

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Nah

Im not paying $20m a year for a wideout AND drafting a WR top 20. Not with this QB. Id rather draft Lamb and bring back Cobb on a 1 year deal.
So you're just going to have a bad offense? Ok.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
A bad offense? LOL

You clearly dont know who Ceedee Lamb is
Gallup-Lamb-Cobb is exponentially worse than Gallup-Cooper-Lamb.

I like Lamb, but if you think he's going to replace Cooper day 1 without a dropoff to the entire offense, you're crazy. The gap between what he does in college vs. what he'd have to do to replace Cooper is massive.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Gallup-Lamb-Cobb is exponentially worse than Gallup-Cooper-Lamb.

I like Lamb, but if you think he's going to replace Cooper day 1 without a dropoff to the entire offense, you're crazy. The gap between what he does in college vs. what he'd have to do to replace Cooper is massive.
No one is saying the entire offense will have a drop off.

What I am saying is that if you think its smart pouring all of those resources into the offense is a bright idea, you are mistaken.

It should be one or the other. Plus Gallup is ascending anyways

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No one is saying the entire offense will have a drop off.

What I am saying is that if you think its smart pouring all of those resources into the offense is a bright idea, you are mistaken.

It should be one or the other. Plus Gallup is ascending anyways
The entire offense will have a dropoff if you go with Gallup-Lamb-Cobb. I'm saying that.

When you have a team that just lost 3 games against opponents who scored 17 points or fewer, you absolutely need to dump resources into the offense. Especially when the way the entire league is constructed favors offenses. The biggest flaw of the JG era is building a roster to try to win games 16-10. It's stupid. Throw the ball well, score 30 points. That's the only strategy that matters in today's NFL.

Limiting the potential of the most important position group in the NFL b/c you don't want to invest too many resources makes no sense to me. In recent years, we've seen the Packers, Panthers, and even Seahawks waste elite quarterback play because they failed to put weapons around their passers b/c they were scared to invest in the position. It's a logic that limits your ceiling to build a team that became obsolete almost a decade ago.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The entire offense will have a dropoff if you go with Gallup-Lamb-Cobb. I'm saying that.

When you have a team that just lost 3 games against opponents who scored 17 points or fewer, you absolutely need to dump resources into the offense. Especially when the way the entire league is constructed favors offenses. The biggest flaw of the JG era is building a roster to try to win games 16-10. It's stupid. Throw the ball well, score 30 points. That's the only strategy that matters in today's NFL.

Limiting the potential of the most important position group in the NFL b/c you don't want to invest too many resources makes no sense to me. In recent years, we've seen the Packers, Panthers, and even Seahawks waste elite quarterback play because they failed to put weapons around their passers b/c they were scared to invest in the position. It's a logic that limits your ceiling to build a team that became obsolete almost a decade ago.
Lol @ WR being the most important position group

That would be the Offensive Line and guess what? We are heavily vested there. This team lost those low scoring games because the QB sucks

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lol @ WR being the most important position group

That would be the Offensive Line and guess what? We are heavily vested there. This team lost those low scoring games because the QB sucks
WR - I guess pass catchers, b/c I'd include TEs too - is unequivocally the most important position group in the league, because a good passing offense is really all that matters. If you can throw the ball consistently, you will win games, and that's exactly what the current rules are built for. You can compensate for a poor OL, you can't compensate for WRs who can't win against man or...catch the ball. You can't win with poor WR play.

They lost b/c the head coach is a coward on the road and tries to win games 16-13 like its 1992. Honestly the Dak sucks thing is dumb. Nobody's going to be mad if you just admit he's gotten better. It's not 2017, let it go.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
WR - I guess pass catchers, b/c I'd include TEs too - is unequivocally the most important position group in the league, because a good passing offense is really all that matters. If you can throw the ball consistently, you will win games, and that's exactly what the current rules are built for. You can compensate for a poor OL, you can't compensate for WRs who can't win against man or...catch the ball. You can't win with poor WR play.

They lost b/c the head coach is a coward on the road and tries to win games 16-13 like its 1992. Honestly the Dak sucks thing is dumb. Nobody's going to be mad if you just admit he's gotten better. It's not 2017, let it go.
You have to be trolling at this point

Games are won in the trenches. Poor OL play= poor qb play. Show me the last 10 SB winners and tell me who was in their receiving corp.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You have to be trolling at this point

Games are won in the trenches. Poor OL play= poor qb play. Show me the last 10 SB winners and tell me who was in their receiving corp.
Games are won in the trenches if you don't have creative coaches. Teams who say that have outdated coaching staffs.

The Pats have always had a dynamic, deep WR corps. I'm not saying you need Calvin or Julio, but the teams that make runs all have 5-6 pass catchers you need to account for.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Lol Wut?

So youre going to tell me you have never heard of a player going on to the field when the coaches wanted them on the sideline? It happens all the time
Only alpha males do that. Guys like Playmaker, TO, and Dez, hell maybe even 09 Miles Austin.

Not soft Amari. He gets his feelings hurt out there, so he will sit it out on the sideline to take a breather.

jnday

Reaction score
Force his way on the field?

What was Cooper supposed to do? Punch Garrett and Moore in their faces and storm the field?
A player like Michael Irvin would have found a way. Players that have heart demands the ball in tough situations with the game on the line.