Let Dak be Dak

pitt33

Reaction score
So are you watching anymore games this year?
I’ve been watching football for 50 years. I’m 60 years old. I’ve seen a lot of football and a lot of teams play over that span. I know what I see. This offense is bottom half at this point of the season. It just is.

Let me direct the question back at you: Do you honestly think this team is SB bound?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Cooper Rush is no Dak, but he would have had tons of yards running strong. Passing the football just like Dak or even better.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I’ve been watching football for 50 years. I’m 60 years old. I’ve seen a lot of football and a lot of teams play over that span. I know what I see. This offense is bottom half at this point of the season. It just is.

Let me direct the question back at you: Do you honestly think this team is SB bound?
I’m 55, and yes. But not with the offense slumping. The defense is playing well enough especially with DLaw back. But we need to see the Dak of early on this year.

The other reason Boys can win it all is there are no dominate teams out there, but Boys are about as complete as there is.

So, if even if Dak starts slinging it and turning it around, Boys still don’t have a chance to win it all?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Running the ball is working against the lessor teams along with the dinking and dunking, but it is not going to work against the better one’s. Oh and yes, the defense is helping out the offense.

But if we want to see the Boys win a Super Bowl, MM is going to have to go all in with Dak and just let him throw the mid to deep balls to the WR’s as well as calling a few running plays with Dak. It is the only way to get out of the offensive slump.

Stop being scared and let Dak loose and let him lead this team. This is the way!
The Giants were not going to let the Cowboys go deep with the way they played them. This is not Madden. This is the NFL where you have to beat them the way they play you. Teams have been playing the Cowboys this way for the last half of the season. Daring the Cowboys to run. They haven’t been running well at all. They did good the first half but not so much the 2nd half. Hopefully the offensive line can start playing better and Kellen can figure out how to attack against these kinds of defenses.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
The Giants were not going to let the Cowboys go deep with the way they played them. This is not Madden. This is the NFL where you have to beat them the way they play you. Teams have been playing the Cowboys this way for the last half of the season. Daring the Cowboys to run. They haven’t been running well at all. They did good the first half but not so much the 2nd half. Hopefully the offensive line can start playing better and Kellen can figure out how to attack against these kinds of defenses.
That’s why I wrote mid to long passes. I get it, but the running game with the RB’s and the dink and dunk isn’t working. Need to let Dak run the ball instead and to start to throw the ball down field.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That’s why I wrote mid to long passes. I get it, but the running game with the RB’s and the dink and dunk isn’t working. Need to let Dak run the ball instead and to start to throw the ball down field.
That is the thing. I don't believe Prescott not running the ball is by design. Most of his best runs in the past were off-script. He just doesn't operate that way anymore.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I am sorry I have to spell it out for you.

Prescott is playing the worst football of any QB of an NFC division leader right now. That is not a great thing heading into the playoffs.
Yes, Dak is in a funk and will continue with the current dink and dunk play calling and depend on the running game. Let Dak run the ball a few plays, by design.

pitt33

Reaction score
I’m 55, and yes. But not with the offense slumping. The defense is playing well enough especially with DLaw back. But we need to see the Dak of early on this year.

The other reason Boys can win it all is there are no dominate teams out there, but Boys are about as complete as there is.

So, if even if Dak starts slinging it and turning it around, Boys still don’t have a chance to win it all?
I’m sorry sir…I just don’t see it happening. Not this year. And I don’t think the quarterback is capable of advancing this team. And it has more to do with the running game which sets up the play action. The Dallas offense is so much better when that clicks.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I’m sorry sir…I just don’t see it happening. Not this year. And I don’t think the quarterback is capable of advancing this team. And it has more to do with the running game which sets up the play action. The Dallas offense is so much better when that clicks.
Well, I’m gonna root for Dak to rise above his current woes and lead this team to a sixth Super Bowl Win.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Running the ball is working against the lessor teams along with the dinking and dunking, but it is not going to work against the better one’s. Oh and yes, the defense is helping out the offense.

But if we want to see the Boys win a Super Bowl, MM is going to have to go all in with Dak and just let him throw the mid to deep balls to the WR’s as well as calling a few running plays with Dak. It is the only way to get out of the offensive slump.

Stop being scared and let Dak loose and let him lead this team. This is the way!
Let's try it!
What do we have to lose,?
We have to get back on track before the playoffs

ryanbabs

Reaction score
All these Dak threads make my head hurt…:eek:

…you can’t avoid them. They end up in every single thread.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yes, Dak is in a funk and will continue with the current dink and dunk play calling and depend on the running game. Let Dak run the ball a few plays, by design.
It is clear. They don't want to do it. Neither does he.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They’ve won 3 in a row all against division teams on the road in December.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
100! No mid to deep routes early. You got 3 great wr. Get a 1-1 matchup and go deep. I’d be throwing deep pretty much every series.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
They’ve won 3 in a row all against division teams on the road in December.
And that is why I wrote, you can get away with it against the lessor teams, but you want to win a Super Bowl, you have have to get the wheels rolling on offense. For the most part the defense carried the team the past three games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And that is why I wrote, you can get away with it against the lessor teams, but you want to win a Super Bowl, you have have to get the wheels rolling on offense. For the most part the defense carried the team the past three games.
A sign of a good team is when they win despite not playing well.