Reaction score
How is this Wades fault that we lost?

Just curious...

Boysboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2470673 said:

Just curious...

To be fair, we have some injured guys now. Just wait 'till they come back next week.

If we had Marion, who knows? We prolly would have closed out the 4th OK.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2470673 said:

Just curious...

We brought killer pressure for most of the game but then pulled back into trying not to lose instead of to win and the pressure was called off there towards the end.

Is he solely responsible...no, but it is clear that he does have some of the blame.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Boysboy;2470693 said:
To be fair, we have some injured guys now. Just wait 'till they come back next week.

If we had Marion, who knows? We prolly would have closed out the 4th OK.

I actually think that Choice played just as well, enough better than Marion would have.

khiladi

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2470694 said:
We brought killer pressure for most of the game but then pulled back into trying not to lose instead of to win and the pressure was called off there towards the end.

Is he solely responsible...no, but it is clear that he does have some of the blame.

Actually, he did bring the pressure. On the last drive that Hamlin gave up, Wade brought the blitz up the middle. That blitz was ineffective, because there was one piece of the puzzle missing and that was...

Ratliff was out that last drive... Maybe he was too hurt to play... In fact, I think he was out a couple of series prior...

BTW, Newman made some errors against Holmes..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't think he called defenses any different than any NFL coach would call it with a 10 point lead in the 4th

khiladi

Reaction score
CATCH17;2470769 said:
I don't think he called defenses any different than any NFL coach would call it with a 10 point lead in the 4th

This loss lies solely on Garrett...

Ren

Reaction score
order of blame in my eyes

1. Romo i don't even need to explain this one

2, Garrett there's no point in trying to milk the clock when your team can't run block 90% of the time but then again,.. see 1

3. Wade for calling of the dogs on D and going to prevent

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2470694 said:

Bingo. Dominate the Steelers for 3 plus quarters and then stop doing what got us our 10 point lead. Way, way too conservative. It's called coaching scared. Wade's scared of being second guessed so he plays it safe and goes into prevent mode. It prevented us from winning. Period.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
CATCH17;2470673 said:

Just curious...

Ironically, I would say Wade saved his job today, especially if the defense can do what it's been doing for the last three games.

Garrett and Reed deserve the load of blame here, imo, with Wade taking some heat for the undiscipline of the team with it's penalty problems.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
CATCH17;2470769 said:

I sound like a broken record. But whatever he called left the middle of the field wide open multiple times. How much of that is mental errors, or just coverages with holes there I do not know.

I do know it was extremely frustrating seeing the Steelers march down the field and watch us fold like a lawn chair.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2470694 said:

Exactly. We had Ben nervous the whole game. Then we just let up and dared him to beat us. Well we all know how that went............

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
CATCH17;2470769 said:

And for my 46 years of life, I've seen it come back to bite teams in the *** more often than not. Coaching scared.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
khiladi;2470777 said:
This loss lies solely on Garrett...

I gotta go with Romo as much as it pains me.

He lost this game like Bledsoe did in Philly in TO's first game back in Philly.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
CATCH17;2470814 said:

This loss kind of remind me of that game. Or at Seattle in 05. However, Philly jumped out to a 10-0 early and we had to fight back and I think only led by 3.

We dominated this game, and folded like a lawn chair down the stretch.

And as far as the blame on Romo, Owens and Witten broke off their routes and ran incorrect routes, according to reports. Could be false, but I dont know

khiladi

Reaction score
CATCH17;2470814 said:

I refuse to go with Romo for a couple of reasons:

1. On the TD pass to Terrell Owens, again, the play-calling sucked. Tony Romo kept that play alive with his feet and TO had to run in circles to get open. They made something out of nothing.

2. That play where Romo threw it left-handed to Roy Williams.. Again, it was the same type of play, where the call gets nothing and TR tries to keep the play going with his feet, which he does.

3. jason Garrett, and I keep saying it again and again, very rarely runs play-action. Because of this, he never gets the safety to bite and the defense very rarely needs to second guess what is going on. They can easily help out over the top.

4. The one play where Choice ran for fifty yards was a flare route. Agian, JG didn't call that at all again, yet the Steelers started bringing the pressure.

5. This play calling relies solely on TR to make plays. They don't systematically approach an opposing defense. That is why TR is always trying to make plays. This is a ghetto offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
diehard2231;2470852 said:
how about that pitch to Owens on third down:eek:

Exactly... Garrett's creativity lies in trying to have TO as a running back... the utmost of stupidity...