Let the countdown begin!!!

Manster68

Reaction score
When 4:05 PM Central Standard Time rolls around, and considering that we will be advancing clocks one hour early Sunday morning, we will be

4006 hours

until kickoff in Jacksonville!!!

Champsheart

Reaction score
Manster68 said:
When 4:05 PM Central Standard Time rolls around, and considering that we will be advancing clocks one hour early Sunday morning, we will be

4006 hours

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

:cry2:

That long! :cry2: Thanks for the depressing post.

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

:cry2:

That long! :cry2: Thanks for the depressing post.

How about "775 hours until the NFL Draft",,,, is that better? :p:

31smackdown

Reaction score
Yes.. we need to post countdown to draft, countdown to training camp and countdown to kickoff counters... and then throw in like a countdown till the next henson game.. so we have something that goes a bit faster

Oh.. but don't worry guys.... opening day of baseball is almost here!! :banghead: :bang2: :bang2:

Manster68

Reaction score
OOOOhhhhhhhhh!

You mean like in the movie "What About Bob" when Dr. Leo Marvin (played by Richard Dryfuss) came out with that book "Baby Steps."

Hey, I gotta be me.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You have to spoon feed us dude. You have to start with the Draft, then Mini camps, then Training Camp luncheon, Then Training CAmp, then, 1st pre-season game, 2nd preseason game, and so on.:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
I'm stoked about the opening of Baseball season and the NBA playoffs, but I think that's just me

Being an Astro fan I'm looking forward to baseball, I can live without basketball and have done so for a few years now. Baseball while it last too long it gives me something to watch while waiting for Football season to return.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
Being an Astro fan I'm looking forward to baseball, I can live without basketball and have done so for a few years now. Baseball while it last too long it gives me something to watch while waiting for Football season to return.

You can watch your grass grow, about as exciting as baseball :laugh2:

I use to be a big baseball fan, but usually care less now, maybe pay attention during playoffs and WS. But MLB will never get my full attention until Pete Rose is in the Hall of Fame...while he's alive....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Manster68 said:

4006 hours

Actually, regardless of the time change it would be the exact same # of hours.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Actually, regardless of the time change it would be the exact same # of hours.

How about posting it in days... or months. The smaller the number the sooner it seems. Maybe that's just me. 5 months and change sounds better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
How about posting it in days... or months. The smaller the number the sooner it seems. Maybe that's just me. 5 months and change sounds better.
I have a countdown timer to the Draft on my web site. URL below.

We're at 32 days, 15 hours, and 3 minutes as I post this.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd rather fall out of a moving train than watch boring long baseball. I love Basketball, and the Mavs will keep me entertained until mid June. Then I will only have to suffer thru a month and a half of baseball highlights before Training Camp begins.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I'd rather fall out of a moving train than watch boring long baseball. I love Basketball, and the Mavs will keep me entertained until mid June. Then I will only have to suffer thru a month and a half of baseball highlights before Training Camp begins.

I may start a big debate here, but here it goes... Typical anti-baseball fans. Really don't care to get into the inner workings of the game. Baseball is the most strategic game of the major sports. It combines the physical with the mental. I think that football is a better spectator sport, but baseball is hardly boring.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
^^

Agree.

But I stopped getting into this debate a loooooooong time ago.

Most folks these days don't have the patience for baseball.

31smackdown

Reaction score
I don't dislike baseball, the problem is more that I don't have a team that I care about 1/3 as much as the Cowboys in football. So while I'll go to game or watch a game and always want the red sox to lose.. I just don't care that much about the outcome of the games.

I think Bill Belichek(sp?) on the Sirius NFL radio show said something today about how 1 loss in the NFL is like a 10 game losing streak in baseball.. maybe that's what it is because come september I'll start watching the penant races and I'll watch through the playoffs.

But still with no real fan involvement it's like watching two AFC teams play a regular season football game

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06 said:
I think that football is a better spectator sport, but baseball is hardly boring.
I would rather watch the grass grow (or paint dry) than watch baseball. BORING!!!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
I may start a big debate here, but here it goes... Typical anti-baseball fans. Really don't care to get into the inner workings of the game. Baseball is the most strategic game of the major sports.
I have to disagree, football has far more planning and strategy. Coaching baseball on game day, especially in the American League, is nothing more than shifting players on the field, sacrificing players to move base runners and substituting batters and pitchers. There is no equivalent to football and its thick playbooks, schemes, days of film study and superior athletes.

Like a lot of you, I grew up a baseball fan (played it as a child, went to many, many games). But the sport has no adrenline. The pitchers take far too much time on the mound, and the game takes too long to play. For me, the game has become a casual night out with my kids. I really couldn't even care if my team wins anymore...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Manster68 said:

4006 hours

OH HELL NO!!

Anyone seen my morphine clicker? :banghead: