Let the countdown begin!!!

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
But the sport has no adrenline. The pitchers take far too much time on the mound, and the game takes too long to play.

And that's the charm.

If I want violence, showboating, and a semi-slow game I'll watch football.

If I want fast-paced action without a break, I'll watch basketball.

But I just love the slow pace of baseball. Part of the charm of the game is the fact that it is so slow. Everything in life is so fast paced, slowing down for baseball is a treat. Nothing is better, to me, to unwind to after class or work than baseball. And with 162 games a year, there's not that stress attached that there is with a football game.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I have to disagree, football has far more planning and strategy. Coaching baseball on game day, especially in the American League, is nothing more than shifting players on the field, sacrificing players to move base runners and substituting batters and pitchers. There is no equivalent to football and its thick playbooks, schemes, days of film study and superior athletes.

Like a lot of you, I grew up a baseball fan (played it as a child, went to many, many games). But the sport has no adrenline. The pitchers take far too much time on the mound, and the game takes too long to play. For me, the game has become a casual night out with my kids. I really couldn't even care if my team wins anymore...

Planning yes, strategy no. Baseball plays games everyday, therefore, they can' spend the same amount of time preparing for each game. As for the strategy, there's way more to it than shifting players, sacrificing and substitutions. Each pitch is a part of the strategy. Then the players don't just shift depending on the batter up, they shift depending on the picth being thrown.

And there are many different aspects of "athletes." Baseball players have superior hand-eye coordination. Everyone knows the hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball where you're successful if you fail 70% of the time.

The length of the game is an issue, but the best part of baseball is you don't "run out of time." There's always time for a comeback.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
31smackdown said:
Yes.. we need to post countdown to draft, countdown to training camp and countdown to kickoff counters... and then throw in like a countdown till the next henson game.. so we have something that goes a bit faster

Oh.. but don't worry guys.... opening day of baseball is almost here!! :banghead: :bang2: :bang2:

thats a looooong time to be ticking away at (not counting pre-season either)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I have to disagree, football has far more planning and strategy. Coaching baseball on game day, especially in the American League, is nothing more than shifting players on the field, sacrificing players to move base runners and substituting batters and pitchers. There is no equivalent to football and its thick playbooks, schemes, days of film study and superior athletes.

Like a lot of you, I grew up a baseball fan (played it as a child, went to many, many games). But the sport has no adrenline. The pitchers take far too much time on the mound, and the game takes too long to play. For me, the game has become a casual night out with my kids. I really couldn't even care if my team wins anymore...
I agree with you. Football looks like the big time hitting machine and high flying passes and catches, but stretegy is number 1 before anything in football. It's so strategic, you have to study all week to get a one up on your opponent.

Now if I could just watch all the highlights it would be nice. But sitting down watching those guys take 30 seconds between each pitch is a bit too slow for my liking.