Let this sink in

Big_D

Reaction score
Never saw it but it sounds familiar! Bouncer maybe?

GMO415

Reaction score
As Jerry breaths we'll never win a SB. Let that sink in .

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit and others will tell you its too big a risk to move on from Red Ball.

No I wouldn't. Who you moving on to? If you upgrade the coach, go for it. I'm not in favor of making random changes and calling it progress just because you guys don't like the way a guy claps after plays.

I would also say again that players win football games, and that the fact not a single player who was on that Eagles team scored a point in the playoff run until the Superbowl ought to tell you something obvious about the job Roseman did last season. And that people are foolish for pretending the issue was coaching instead of personnel. This league is about the players. Want to win? Get enough good ones.

There's a reason why we haven't been able to do that with *any* coach since the advent of free agency.

Verdict

Reaction score
9...that is NINE years ago Pederson was coaching high school football.

We have a 7 year process from a guy that has been around football his entire life with a Princeton education.

I don't know what to make of this. Do you not like Garrett? Don't want to see the process through? Don't you want to exercise a little patience? Give the process a chance!!!!!!!!

Verdict

Reaction score
No I wouldn't. Who you moving on to? If you upgrade the coach, go for it. I'm not in favor of making random changes and calling it progress just because you guys don't like the way a guy claps after plays.

I would also say again that players win football games, and that the fact not a single player who was on that Eagles team scored a point in the playoff run until the Superbowl ought to tell you something obvious about the job Roseman did last season. And that people are foolish for pretending the issue was coaching instead of personnel. This league is about the players. Want to win? Get enough good ones.

There's a reason why we haven't been able to do that with *any* coach since the advent of free agency.

It's pretty unpopular, but I wouldn't fire Red Ball just to hire another loser coach like the Mad Poodle. If you fire Garrett for a "great coach" I'm all for it but they don't grow on trees.

There aren't many current coaches that would be a clear upgrade over Garrett. It's an unpoplar opinion but i believe that. Guys like Tomlin (who is viewed as a good coach) isn't really all that good. There are maybe a half dozen really good coaches and they aren't leaving the teams that they coach for.

I think we ARE getting better and Garret is a part of that. If you look at the really bad decisions they don't really seem to be on Garrett, or McClay or even Stephen. They seem like Jerry gambles.

I do not believe that if Jerry Jones had passed away five years ago (I'm not wishing that on him) that any of the following would have occurred:

1. Hardy signing.
2. Dez would not have been signed at the numbers he was requesting.
3. Witten would not be making what he is making.
4. Gregory would not have been drafted.
5. Jaylon would not have been drafted where he was drafted.
6. We would not be tight against the cap every year.
7. I also think by now Marinelli would be long gone

Sydla

Reaction score
It's pretty unpopular, but I wouldn't fire Red Ball just to hire another loser coach like the Mad Poodle. If you fire Garrett for a "great coach" I'm all for it but they don't grow on trees.

There aren't many current coaches that would be a clear upgrade over Garrett. It's an unpoplar opinion but i believe that. Guys like Tomlin (who is viewed as a good coach) isn't really all that good. There are maybe a half dozen really good coaches and they aren't leaving the teams that they coach for.

I think we ARE getting better and Garret is a part of that. If you look at the really bad decisions they don't really seem to be on Garrett, or McClay or even Stephen. They seem like Jerry gambles.

I do not believe that if Jerry Jones had passed away five years ago (I'm not wishing that on him) that any of the following would have occurred:

1. Hardy signing.
2. Dez would not have been signed at the numbers he was requesting.
3. Witten would not be making what he is making.
4. Gregory would not have been drafted.
5. Jaylon would not have been drafted where he was drafted.
6. We would not be tight against the cap every year.
7. I also think by now Marinelli would be long gone

This is insane.

Tomlin has a winning percentage 100 points higher than Garrett, has coached in 3 AFC Title games, 2 SBs and has a SB win.

The disrespect Tomlin gets is laughable and to apparently put Garrett in that class is equally hilarious.

I really wonder what it's going to take for some of you to finally come to the realization that Garrett simply isn't that good of coach and we need a coaching change. 7 years wasn't enough, so I really wonder what more in the evidence category you need to see.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what to make of this. Do you not like Garrett? Don't want to see the process through? Don't you want to exercise a little patience? Give the process a chance!!!!!!!!

Like another 7 years, no, no I don't. :laugh:
Not into double broken mirrors jinx. One was enough under Garrett. Maybe his eight is a charm.

Sydla

Reaction score
Like another 7 years, no, no I don't. :laugh:
Not into double broken mirrors jinx. One was enough under Garrett. Maybe his eight is a charm.

LOL. So true.

How many years is the "process" supposed to take?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. So true.

How many years is the "process" supposed to take?

For some coaches only 2.

I would say no more than 5 years to get to a SB or at least the NFCC or AFCC game.
It took Cowher what 13 years to win a SB, but he made it to one in less than 5, was it 3 years?
But he was competitive in just about every year he was there, or seemed to be.

Many other teams seemed to go 3 to 5 years, and if the coach had no success to sniff a conference championship they are gone.
Except here, they have an infinite number of years if you are the adopted prodigal son. Prodigal only in one persons eyes, that is.
And we no he can't see, his eye glass wiper needs to be fired.