Let's Admit it..

31hammer

Reaction score
Larry Allen is gone. He hasn't been the same for years. His legs are shot and he is lazy. Admit it, how many times did you see Larry disengage and just stand there, not even trying to hit someone. He was a warrior, I love the man always will but it's not fair to Julius and it's not fair to Bledsoe. These guys deserve better. I don't know much about Kosier but just hearing that he can pull gets me excited. We haven't had that for years. Sorry Allen retire and train for the Olympics I'll be rooting for you, But these are the Boys and I root for them first players second

Wood

Reaction score
the Kosier signing makes sense if Dallas has a quality OL FA lined-up. However, replacing Allen with Kosier is a slight step back. An opening day offensive line of:

Adams
Kosier
Gurode
Rivera
Pettite

would only scare Bledsoe and J. Jones instead of opposing defensives.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
larry allen has been a great cowboy.. one of the most dominant offensive guards the game has ever seen.

however...it's time for him to ride out in the sunset...

i wish we had an o-line like kc has.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lanecity1975 said:
larry allen has been a great cowboy.. one of the most dominant offensive guards the game has ever seen.

however...it's time for him to ride out in the sunset...

i wish we had an o-line like kc has.
You mean had. Roaf has to stay healthy and Shields may retire or be cut. They might be able to squeeze out one more year but the rebuilding of that line will start soon.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
You mean had. Roaf has to stay healthy and Shields may retire or be cut. They might be able to squeeze out one more year but the rebuilding of that line will start soon.

well hello there big dog......what's going on this evening?

i still think kc has the best o-line in football.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lanecity1975 said:
well hello there big dog......what's going on this evening?

i still think kc has the best o-line in football.
Hey lane! Everything is just cool. Hangin out you know.

Everybody up here is worried about their line. Another thing to consider is the RB they have had to run behind it. Between Priest Holmes and now Larry Johnson they have been blessed at RB. Take a team like Arizona and their situation at RB and the O-line won't look as good. They do have one of the top lines in football I agree. But the natives around here are still concerned.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
Ok, I'll admit it. This was the dumbest cmment of the day.

Larry Allen, LAZY :rolleyes:

While I would stop short of calling him lazy...he is definately not a go-getter anymore. He still can dominate, but not on a consistent basis...therein lies the problem. Prepare to jetison LA...sad but true and probably needed.

Scotman

Reaction score
I don't think LA is lazy. But he's surely not a runner. I'd bet my bottom dollar he's not working on wind sprints as I type this.

That said, I hope we find a way to keep him. I think he could be very productive with a reduction in the number of plays he has each game. However, it's much tougher to rotate guys on the o-line than it is the d-line.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I don't believe Parcells is gonna cut his Peter man... so that means most likely LA is odd man out.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
If we don't do something additional to the OL, IMO, it could be the same story on offense this year!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Smart teams always part with their aging superstars a little while before the fans think they should go.

LA should have been gone at least 2 years ago.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Fellas, I am a Larry Allen fan until I die. I have more reverance for that guy than I do Emmitt. If this is the way Larry goes out -- abruptly pushed off the team for a soft $3 million a year west coast offenser -- I'm gonna be pissed at Jerry. :mad:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Larry Allen is an average OG at best and going down hill....I like him but hope he's either gone or resigned after the cutdown for peanuts. He's in for a rude awakening when he sees how little interest there will be in him around the league...over the hill.