Let's assume...

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas does in fact draft Manny Lawson (or a similar prospect) with the #18 pick.
Does Ayodele play ILB or OLB?

locked&loaded

Reaction score
i woudl rather him play ilb...because of the coverage factore, they say hes not that great. hes atheltic but not as atletic as the tweeners in this draft. i say beef him up. and slap him in middle.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I've got my fingers crossed for ILB. It sure would be nice if Burnett comes around this year and is able to compete all year with Lawson (or whoever) for SOLB.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Dallas does in fact draft Manny Lawson (or a similar prospect) with the #18 pick.

I'm thinking he plays inside all the way...

6'2/246...only runs a 4.8 forty tops, but has quickness to play inside. Sure tackler that hits and is average in coverage...to me that is a prototype ILB inside. I think him with James could be dangerous. Add Lawson or Wimbly to the mix, and leave Burnett outside to play both OLB positions and we have a serious LB's core!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

If we draft Manny Lawson who is best suited for the OLB.....Ayodelenwould play ILB.

Player Profile

Manny Lawson

School: North Carolina State
Position: Defensive End
Class: 2006
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 220lbs
Birthday:
40 Time: 4.51 (estimated)

Positives

- Despite playing defensive end at NC State, Manny’s shown he has more than enough athleticism to drop back to play linebacker. He may actually be on of the faster LB prospects in the country, which makes the fact that he played DE fairly astounding. He’s an excellent pass rusher, racking up 7 sacks and 12 tackles for loss last year, but is also very good in run support. Also, he has great size for an Outside Linebacker.
Weaknesses

- Hasn’t played linebacker since his sophomore year, so there’s going to be a natural readjustment period. The first thing that the team that drafts him will have to work on is his coverage skills, because the speed of the game will have changed a great deal from his last LB duty. Plus, he had the benefit of playing across from possibly the best DE in the nation at NC State in Mario Williams, so his numbers may be a little inflated.

Overall Analysis

- The risk/reward value on Manny is one of the highest in the 2006 class. He could never meet his expectations due to the inability to return to the LB position at a high level, or he could turn out to be one of the most dangerous linebackers in the league. Manny’s ideal situation would probably be in a 3-4, which would having him standing up, but also allow the freedom to rush the passer very, very often.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Well if it's Lawson in the draft then Ayodele will probably be moved inside. Lawson is pure edge rush, not a run stopper.

On the other hand if we draft Carpenter, I think you could probably use the two players interchangeably inside or outside.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I guess it's unanimous then.

Does this mean my hopes of maybe getting Kai Parham for ILB are basically out the window?

MiStar

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I guess it's unanimous then.

Does this mean my hopes of maybe getting Kai Parham for ILB are basically out the window?

Not at all. Parcells collects linebackers.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I know many of you want Lawson...and if we did I'd be happy, but I think Wimbley opposite of Ware with Bradie and Akin in the middle is flat out scary!

Wimbley impressed me big time at the combine...plays low, can get past OT's and bull rush if needed. I like this kid alot.

Burnett playing boths sides...great athlete that we will figure out how to get on the field...man I'm getting excited already!