Let's be honest with ourselves, the December 24th game vs the Eagles will probably not matter

Jipper

Reaction score
Of course it matters

It could be a game we need to win to lead the division

It could be a game we need to win to improve our wildcard standing

It could even be a game we need simply to get into the playoffs...

Only time will tell

Sydla

Reaction score
That game will probably be meaningful in the sense we may need it for our own playoff seeding/WC chances.

It's possible the Eagles lose a game or two before then. But I think it's equally unlikely we actually win out until Dec 24th. My gut says that at best, we are two games behind them, possibly three games behind on Christmas Eve.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I mean lets be honest right now, are we expecting the eagles to lose more than one game between now and December 24th? Its likely they will have lose 0 or 1 game by that time with them already leading by 3 games. And do we expect the Cowboys to go on a 6 game winning with Dak as the starter when he is 0-2 in his last two Thanksgiving starts? And the last time this time went on a 6 game winning streak with Dak as QB was his rookie season. So you can how that matchup with the eagles will probably be meaningless based on Eagles remaining schedule and Dak's history on Thanksgiving and after thanksgiving,

Lets focus on the playoffs, and worry about the eagles in January.
Not to wish injury bad luck on anyone but look at what happened to us with Dak missing 5 games. Look at Buffalo now. The Eagles could lose up to 4 games before they play us on Christmas Eve. We should take the rest of the season game by game though. I have a feeling the Eagles/Cowboys game on Christmas Eve will get game of the year hype so I think will be within a game of them when we play that game.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I mean lets be honest right now, are we expecting the eagles to lose more than one game between now and December 24th? Its likely they will have lose 0 or 1 game by that time with them already leading by 3 games. And do we expect the Cowboys to go on a 6 game winning with Dak as the starter when he is 0-2 in his last two Thanksgiving starts? And the last time this time went on a 6 game winning streak with Dak as QB was his rookie season. So you can how that matchup with the eagles will probably be meaningless based on Eagles remaining schedule and Dak's history on Thanksgiving and after thanksgiving,

If you know for sure everything that's going to happen, there's no reason to watch. But since I don't know what's going to happen, I'm gonna watch and see. ;)

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Of course it matters

It could be a game we need to win to lead the division

It could be a game we need to win to improve our wildcard standing

It could even be a game we need simply to get into the playoffs...

Only time will tell

Meaning it may not matter for the division and should just focus on the playoffs

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak's Thanksgiving record is completely irrelevant to the Eagles. The Eagles are getting entirely too much love on this board. They are not going undefeated and they are not the juggernaut the media is making them out to be. In a realistic discussion of the Eagles I see them playing:
Commanders, division game and division games are tricky, probably going to win but you never know in a divisional rivalry game. I personally think their first loss is coming Monday.

Giants twice. Giants are good, also same thing applies as far as division goes.

Bears, Justin Fields can give an defense fits. Not an easy win.

Green Bay, just like us this week. As long as Aaron Rodgers is the QB it's a tough game.

Titans, Henry can give a defense fits, not an easy win.

On paper their schedule looks like a cakewalk but on a any given sunday rule they could have 2-4 losses when we play them. All the negative things that can happen to us on any given Sunday also applies to them. They haven't been tested yet. The only game I'm impressed with is them beating the Vikings. We hung in there with them with our backup QB throwing 2 picks and then a 3rd later in the game. With that happening we still got it to 3 points in their house. They're not invincible.

I do completely agree with OP's point of worrying more about them in the playoffs. Dallas is the Eagles biggest threat in the playoffs and if I was an Eagles fan I would want no part of Dallas come January.

rambo2

Reaction score

The Eagles will lose at least 3 games.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Ok, I will stick with the honesty, This is the NFL and although it looks like the pigeons opponents cannot beat them that's just an illusion, that game will matter 9 times out of 10 it always comes down to games like that in this division with the Cowboys being the one common team that's always playing in the game.
Yes, the pigeons will lose at least 1 game by then but I am willing to bet it will be 2 maybe 3, and I am also willing to bet at least one of them if not 2 will be a division loss. They will not sweep the giants and with Hienike starting they may not sweep the Commanders.

catiii

Reaction score
Absolutely. However, this isn't singles tennis. It's still a team sport. You know that right? You didn't bother answering my question. Do you happen to know the records of the other current Cowboys in their last two Thanksgiving games?
Tony Romo, Troy Aikman played some of their best football on Thanksgiving
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...-thanksgiving-stats/ezvu2pxgqotb14z68fdwrnl2g
Tony Romo Thanksgiving stats
  • Passing yards: 2,338 (second all-time)
  • Passing TDs: 18 (most all-time, one ahead of still-active Matthew Stafford)
Troy Aikman Thanksgiving stats
  • Passing yards: 2,174 (third all-time)
  • Passing TDs: 11

plymkr

Reaction score
Ok, I will stick with the honesty, This is the NFL and although it looks like the pigeons opponents cannot beat them that's just an illusion, that game will matter 9 times out of 10 it always comes down to games like that in this division with the Cowboys being the one common team that's always playing in the game.
Yes, the pigeons will lose at least 1 game by then but I am willing to bet it will be 2 maybe 3, and I am also willing to bet at least one of them if not 2 will be a division loss. They will not sweep the giants and with Hienike starting they may not sweep the Commanders.
I 100% completely agree. I predict they lose Monday night.