lets face it...the cowboys are a basket case

Wood

Reaction score
but that doesnt mean they cant beat the snot out of NY Giants this week. Many of us had this fear of combining TO, Pacman on a team where the toughness of the HC was already an issue. If Dallas losses to the Giants...I think Jerry has to blow it up big time. I am talking about letting Wade, Garrett, Pacman, TO and maybe Ellis....all gone. Hire Cowher and start again and let Romo play favorites with Witten all game.

Coy

Reaction score
Wood;2481832 said:
but that doesnt mean they cant beat the snot out of NY Giants this week. Many of us had this fear of combining TO, Pacman on a team where the toughness of the HC was already an issue. If Dallas losses to the Giants...I think Jerry has to blow it up big time. I am talking about letting Wade, Garrett, Pacman, TO and maybe Ellis....all gone. Hire Cowher and start again and let Romo play favorites with Witten all game.

I am not sure if I love it but I do like it (if they do not make it of course), to many distractions IMO.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;2481832 said:

I agree there needs to be a lot of changes.

Wade needs to go. His golly-gee personality doesn't work.

TO isn't worth the aggravation. Give me TRRW, Austin, Crayton, and a draft pick as our receivers next year.

I have no gripes with Ellis, but if he starts his annual offseason pitty party again, then ship him out of here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
More like the fans are. Maybe the media around the team too.

I'm not seeing much drama from the team.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The internet wasn't as prevalent back in the 1990's, but the servers that support this forum would have crashed and ignited many times over if this forum was around back then.

There was much more "drama" in those days, and it was legit. This stuff is nothing.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2481884 said:
The internet wasn't as prevalent back in the 1990's, but the servers that support this forum would have crashed and ignited many times over if this forum was around back then.

There was much more "drama" in those days, and it was legit. This stuff is nothing.

Jerry and Jimmy feuding back then was FAR worse than what anything we're seeing now.

Didn't we win 2 Super Bowls then? :)

Reaction score
Boysboy;2481899 said:
Jerry and Jimmy feuding back then was FAR worse than what anything we're seeing now.

Amen...funny how it starts at the top though huh..

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boysboy;2481899 said:

Yeah, back then we had:

1) The feuding between owner and coach.
2) Firing of Jimmy Johnson
3) Hiring of Barry Switzer.
4) Gun episode with Barry Switzer.
5) Losing 1994 NFC Champ game with Barry Switzer.
6) Deion Sanders and all his good and back schtick.
7) Rumors of racism on the team.
8) Rumors that Aikman was a homosexual.
9) Irvin and all his coke suspension.
10) Irvin and scissorgate.
11) Accusations of rape against Irvin and E Williams.
12) E Williams' car accident.

need I go on?

How the heck did that team ever win 3 Superbowls?

I honestly think that the fans and media make more out of this stuff than the players do.

Decleater101

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2481948 said:
Yeah, back then we had:

1) The feuding between owner and coach.
2) Firing of Jimmy Johnson
3) Hiring of Barry Switzer.
4) Gun episode with Barry Switzer.
5) Losing 1994 NFC Champ game with Barry Switzer.
6) Deion Sanders and all his good and back schtick.
7) Rumors of racism on the team.
8) Rumors that Aikman was a homosexual.
9) Irvin and all his coke suspension.
10) Irvin and scissorgate.
11) Accusations of rape against Irvin and E Williams.
12) E Williams' car accident.

need I go on?

How the heck did that team ever win 3 Superbowls?

I honestly think that the fans and media make more out of this stuff than the players do.

More like the media gets it revved up and the fans fall into the trap of "if they said it on espn, it must be true".

:banghead:

Batman

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2481857 said:
I agree there needs to be a lot of changes.

Wade needs to go. His golly-gee personality doesn't work.

TO isn't worth the aggravation. Give me TRRW, Austin, Crayton, and a draft pick as our receivers next year.

I have no gripes with Ellis, but if he starts his annual offseason pitty party again, then ship him out of here.

So who do you replace Wade with? He has us #8 overall in defense. We have 45 sacks, 10 forced fumbles and 6 Ints. While it would be nice to see a few more turnovers, our defense is pretty dominating. What other coach will be able to give us this kind of defense? As for coaches who are willing to put up with Jerry's antics, Wade is about as good as it will get from here on out.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Boysboy;2481899 said:

Different game, different era. Comparing the two is like apples to oranges.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hostile;2481872 said:

Yeah, let's cut the fans who are worried about drama and get rid of the media that lives for it. Then we'll be much better off.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2481872 said:

Of course there's drama with the team, there's drama at your local McDonalds between the employees. The fact that there is drama is not a big deal, it's just the media that makes it seem like players don't see each other except to play football or that they are nice to each other 24/7.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
It's always going to be like this....they are the COWBOYS....there is no better story than the Cowboys...if you don't like it go follow the Jackonsville Jaguars....there is no contraversey with the Jags and if there was no one cares about them anyhow.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Batman;2482159 said:
So who do you replace Wade with? He has us #8 overall in defense. We have 45 sacks, 10 forced fumbles and 6 Ints. While it would be nice to see a few more turnovers, our defense is pretty dominating. What other coach will be able to give us this kind of defense? As for coaches who are willing to put up with Jerry's antics, Wade is about as good as it will get from here on out.

Well, Bat Person, your stats are impressive. Makes me want to beg Jerry to extend the Clown Wade Phillips's contract. Then we can be also-rans for the next 5 years.

Ultimately, the only stat many here consider important is playoffs won or loss.
We shall see how the Clown finishes out the season.
But with Wade again as HC, Jerra should steel himself with a lot of disinterest from the general fanddom.
Cowboy fans know a loser (in the playoffs or not) when they see one. And they see one.:)

StarHead69

Reaction score
This team has had the injury bug all year.

No way anything gets "blown up"...

We actually have a very short list of offseason "needs" :
1. an average or better backup QB
2. a starting caliber Free Safety
3. an average backup Guard

most fans on this board have been screaming for #1 and #2 for at least two years now:banghead: , and #3 was supposedly covered with the Holland trade.

It's sad to think that if even one of these 3 things were taken care of during the past offseason, we would probably be battling the Giants for homefield advantage.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
noober;2482488 said:
This team has had the injury bug all year.

No way anything gets "blown up"...

We actually have a very short list of offseason "needs" :
1. an average or better backup QB
2. a starting caliber Free Safety
3. an average backup Guard

Hey, why yu like only averige or above, huh? I wood hope for NFL stars and no one wood be averige at all. I think this builds bettr teams to not be averig and stuff.