Let's get Clowney here

J12B

Reaction score
Man, adding Clowney would take the defense to the next level and help the young secondary tremendously. He could definitely help in stopping team's like KC and Baltimore.

1 year deal-$18 million. $24 million with incentives (playing time, tackles, and sacks)

Cutting Crawford would create $8 million in cap space.

J12B

Reaction score
Clowney would be a difference maker.

Gregory would help, but not like Clowney.

Clowney is disrruptive in the passing game and solid against the run.

Reactions: BAT

John813

Reaction score
They have 9.6mil without signing the draft class and Gregory/Smith

Even with Crawford gone, they need more space.

Either more restructures or signing Dak to a long term deal. But they like carrying a handful of cap throughout the season

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Like man, I would like Everson Griffin. Cheaper than Clowney and a better pass rusher. Granted, not as good an overall player, but better bang for your buck.

I think Gregory and Aldon Smith will both be reinstated, and I hope they’ll play well. And I’m high on Anae. But you can’t bank on guys who haven’t played in years and a 5th round rookie.

We need one more reliable pass rusher.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Man, adding Clowney would take the defense to the next level and help the young secondary tremendously. He could definitely help in stopping team's like KC and Baltimore.

1 year deal-$18 million. $24 million with incentives (playing time, tackles, and sacks)

We have too many DE’s as it is. Plenty of depth. We need to shake that Jamal Adams’ tree!

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Better chance of a 1 year, 9 mil contract for Everson Griffen happening than 18 mil for Clowney.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
We would only sign Clowney if he was in the neighborhood of a 10M deal.

In other words, no chance in hell *cue Vince McMahon*

cern

Reaction score
We can't afford Clowney. We shouldn't count on gregory.

J12B

Reaction score
Better chance of a 1 year, 9 mil contract for Everson Griffen happening than 18 mil for Clowney.

Griffen opted out of his last year with Minnesota that would've paid him $10million.

We'd have to sign him to a multi year deal and doubt that happens.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We can't afford Clowney. We shouldn't count on gregory.
They don't suspend for pot anymore. Gregory gets counseling already. There should absolutely be no issues. Gregory is a good guy according to everyone associated with him.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Why does anybody think Clowney is a game changer in 2020? He hasn't looked elite for years and has a degenerative knee condition.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

THIS

Kwyn

Reaction score

We only have around 8m in cap space available. I’d we’re required to reserve all 7m of Daltons deal (the 3+7), then we only have around 4m

even cutting Crawford won’t get us there will it?