Lets go get Howard - Bookend for Ware!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
junk said:
Who is the young RT that can be had? I am not even talking for a big bonus. Just a decent young RT in free agency.

I am guessing you say Ashworth.
I like T Jeff Backus from Detroit. This team only gave up 31 sacks all year, (one of the lowest in the league) and we gave up 50.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
WOW

Hot lil rumor I just heard..... Some Team(s) are projecting 6-3 234 Howard to SAFETY in the NFL.

Kid can run a 4.4 40 and played Safety early on in College. Man that would be dicy for WR's going over the middle!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I like T Jeff Backus from Detroit. This team only gave up 31 sacks all year, (one of the lowest in the league) and we gave up 50.

Backus has only played LT. He isn't exactly the big presence you want on the right side to aid in the running game. I think he'll command more money than he is worth simply because he is a LT.

He'd be an upgrade though.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
junk said:
Backus has only played LT. He isn't exactly the big presence you want on the right side to aid in the running game. I think he'll command more money than he is worth simply because he is a LT.

He'd be an upgrade though.

I think Backus could work nicely. If he can play LT, then we see who can play the position better between Adams and Backus. If it's Backus, then we move Adams, which IMO would be better anyway. If it's Adams, then we move Backus. The guy is 6-6 and is athletic enough to play LT in the NFL. He can certainly get bigger and play RT. In the NFC East, you see more pass rushing DEs matched against the RT anyway. I think he could do well either way.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think Backus could work nicely. If he can play LT, then we see who can play the position better between Adams and Backus. If it's Backus, then we move Adams, which IMO would be better anyway. If it's Adams, then we move Backus. The guy is 6-6 and is athletic enough to play LT in the NFL. He can certainly get bigger and play RT. In the NFC East, you see more pass rushing DEs matched against the RT anyway. I think he could do well either way.
IN my little world, You get Chris Hope (FS) had more tackles than RW and as many INT's) Backus (RT)young enough and can play either position meaning depth incase of injury) I would get Nedney who had a better kicking percentage than Vinetieri or Vanderjagt and kicked outside, and made more from 50 than any of the 2 combined.

I would draft Lawson, and try to make a deal somehow to pick up Watson.. If they go Watson first, I would make a deal to get Lawson and if I couldn't, then I would look at Mincey,Wimbley,Haralson, or Mark Anderson (all are tweeners around the same size and fast/agile and can get after the QB)

Interesting on Howard going to safety. WOW!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
"San Diego talked with Thomas Howard"
per NFLdraftcountdown

Get 5-10 pounds on his frame and send him loose in the 3-4!

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Loose 5-10 pounds and move to FS:lmao:

Their secondary is horrible.

Half way joking.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
Loose 5-10 pounds and move to FS:lmao:

Their secondary is horrible.

Half way joking.

Its no joke - I have it that some team(s) are considering him at SS. If he has legit 4.40 speed there is a school of thought there - he has played Safety in the past.

Or do you get him up to 245 at 4.50? Either way he's a 2nd round prospect +- with upside.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Nors said:
Its no joke - I have it that some team(s) are considering him at SS. If he has legit 4.40 speed there is a school of thought there - he has played Safety in the past.

Or do you get him up to 245 at 4.50? Either way he's a 2nd round prospect +- with upside.

I'm not joking either. Only half way.

Body type to me says it's easier for him to take weight off then put it on.

More athletic Michael Boulware.

As a safety prospect, especially a team that uses the "interchangeable" philosophy I'd be interested in 3.....especially if we have an extra one.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
I'm not joking either. Only half way.

Body type to me says it's easier for him to take weight off then put it on.

More athletic Michael Boulware.

As a safety prospect, especially a team that uses the "interchangeable" philosophy I'd be interested in 3.....especially if we have an extra one.

Woodson was a converted LB that played 225-230.

If Howard could pull off coverage back there that would be a killer hitting threat over the middle and potentially in the box wreaking havoc.....

I have to think the Bills are thinking the same on this possibility?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
Help me out.

Why the Bills?

The Bills of his life, I expect. Belichick and Parcells.

Don't think Nors will let a minute pass without trying to make Dallas into New England.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
The Bills of his life, I expect. Belichick and Parcells.

Don't think Nors will let a minute pass without trying to make Dallas into New England.[/QUOTE

sORRY BUT pARCELLS AND bELLICHECK HAVE COACHED TOGETHER FOR A LONG, LONG TIME AND HAVE VERY SIMILAR VIEWS/HISTORY ON BUILDING fOOTBALL TEAMS.

sORRY Bout cAPS

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jazzhawk: How about a little on Texas-El Paso's Thomas Howard?
RobRang: Thomas Howard, UTEP outside linebacker is a really athletic, lanky guy. Makes a ton of plays and is so athletic that he can get around the blocks that could flatten him, as he is isn't terribly physical. Some like to compare him to former collegiate safety turned developing NFL star Karlos Dansby (Arizona), though I don't know that Howard has this type of upside. Top 45 pick, who could work-out his way into the 1st.
Jazzhawk: So, a late-1st rounder maybe? Hint, hint.
RobRang: Potentially, yes, a possible late first-rounder.

Gromit: What's your take on the DE at Penn St. Seems to be tearing things up. Abi?
Gromit: Tamba Hali . . . That's his name.
RobRang: Hali is one of the better defensive ends in the country. He is explosive enough to be considered a legitimate pass rusher, but also has been consistent against the run. I see some Will Smith type consistency and professionalism to his game. Likely ends up in the middle portion of Round One.
Jazzhawk: Follow up to Hali.....is his size, or lack thereof, causing concerns?
HawkRibeye: Is Thomas Howard better suited playing as a Safety or a Linebacker? Thanks.
RobRang: Hali is a legit 6-2 and a half to 6-3, 260-pound player. He'll be fine at DE. Howard is an OLB all the way.