Let's Look At This Logically

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dallas needs a big bodied DT. Maybe Mazi makes a huge leap next year, but Hankins isn’t playing 800 snaps. There’s a vacancy there that you can feel.

At least one offball LB. Mike Zimmer’s defenses in Minnesota and Cincinnati have featured linebackers, and this is spot that everyone wanted in FA.

One, maybe two Runningbacks. A bigger dude and a change of pace back. Is Dowdle ready for 100+ carries? Very likely the best case scenario is Thunder and Lightning are new additions this year.

One, maybe two Offensive Linemen. The replacement for Tyron is probably on the roster, but that then was your best depth guy, gotta replace him. And a 17 game starter at Center isn’t likely in the room right now.

Shore up DE rotation. Dorance played a lot last year. Like DT, is Sam Williams ready to be the every down guy? He had 300 snaps last year; he’d have to almost triple that to cover for Dorance. Meanwhile, going on 32, Demarcus Lawrence had the fewest snaps of a full season in his career. First time he was under 60% of the team’s defensive snaps. That’s probably not a number expected to get much higher as he gets older.

Is it realistic to go into the draft fully expecting 4-5 day 1 starters to come out of it?

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
Dallas needs a big bodied DT. Maybe Mazi makes a huge leap next year, but Hankins isn’t playing 800 snaps. There’s a vacancy there that you can feel.

At least one offball LB. Mike Zimmer’s defenses in Minnesota and Cincinnati have featured linebackers, and this is spot that everyone wanted in FA.

One, maybe two Runningbacks. A bigger dude and a change of pace back. Is Dowdle ready for 100+ carries? Very likely the best case scenario is Thunder and Lightning are new additions this year.

One, maybe two Offensive Linemen. The replacement for Tyron is probably on the roster, but that then was your best depth guy, gotta replace him. And a 17 game starter at Center isn’t likely in the room right now.

Shore up DE rotation. Dorance played a lot last year. Like DT, is Sam Williams ready to be the every down guy? He had 300 snaps last year; he’d have to almost triple that to cover for Dorance. Meanwhile, going on 32, Demarcus Lawrence had the fewest snaps of a full season in his career. First time he was under 60% of his defensive snaps. That’s probably not a number expected to get much higher as he gets older.

Is it realistic to go into the draft fully expecting 4-5 day 1 starters to come out of it?
We have as many or more needs every season and our approach is never any different.

To answer your question. The answer is no. Do they care? Not one bit.

Carson

Reaction score
No.

This is why the fan base is in shambles. We know a good draft you get 1-2 starters. A great/amazing draft nets you 2-3 starters. To bank you’re going to nail 4-5 guys is insane

But they will shore up a few holes before the draft. Kendrick’s likely at MLB and a cheap RB should let them focus on LT, C, DT.

Reports are Mazi is your full time 1T

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
let's just wait until the draft, take these 7 picks and hope all 7 can do something for us, all the hope we have right now

John813

Reaction score
With Will McClay at the helm, it's 4-5 HOF year 1 starters, guaranteed.

I watch that clip from last draft and just in awe of his ability to analyze talent. Called Mazi a year 1 immediate player. And guess what, the team went 12-5.
I mean, it's just unfair Dallas has such a loaded front office.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
It's draft or cheap FA in JerryWorld

Draft is stacked with RB - I'd imagine a slight trade down at #24 unless your stud LB is just sitting there -

JJ's version of going All In......Here We Go

CWR

Reaction score

Shore up DE rotation. Dorance played a lot last year. Like DT, is Sam Williams ready to be the every down guy? He had 300 snaps last year; he’d have to almost triple that to cover for Dorance. Meanwhile, going on 32, Demarcus Lawrence had the fewest snaps of a full season in his career. First time he was under 60% of the team’s defensive snaps. That’s probably not a number expected to get much higher as he gets older.

They may cut Cooks as well. So they'll probably need a WR, and another CB with Gilmore also probably gone.

They have a lot of needs just to be first round failures, let alone improve.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They may cut Cooks as well. So they'll probably need a WR, and another CB with Gilmore also probably gone.

I was gonna add a #3 WR if Gallup traded, but based on previous years I could see them roll with Tolbert and Turpin and hope for the best

Reactions: CWR

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Who is the Tyron replacement on the roster? I thought Coach Jerry made a statement that Tyler was staying at LG.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hitting on 7 draft picks is unrealistic
trust me I know it was sarcasm, but since they love their players they draft so much hell why not give it a thought! I want us to do a lot of trading to try and get some other picks preferably in the top 100 and in the 4th round

CWR

Reaction score
I was gonna add a #3 WR if Gallup traded, but based on previous years I could see them roll with Tolbert and Turpin and hope for the best
Gallup is as good as gone. Hell be released. Based on previous years their plans failed miserably. That said, you're right.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Yeah, Gilmore is a goner. Gonna need a 3rd CB which is just as important as 1-2 in today's league.

Reactions: CWR

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
It's draft or cheap FA in JerryWorld

Draft is stacked with RB - I'd imagine a slight trade down at #24 unless your stud LB is just sitting there -

JJ's version of going All In......Here We Go
No its not. Most teams don't even have a round 1 or 2 RB.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
And now Fowler is out of the DE equation. Probably two guys needed, or 1 bigtime guy and Sam significantly increasing snaps.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I hate it so far but let’s be fair. FA hasn’t even officially started yet. Perhaps we make some big trades? We are kind of in the eagles situation last year with a Limited cap…