News: Let's Make a Deal: Cowboys should re-sign DE Jeremy Mincey yesterday

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think we're going to end up going out to play with what we've got, folks.

Excited for training camp. Hopefully one of the young late round/undrafted guys steps up.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
One way to describe it.

But if I'm signing a veteran pass rusher, give me Dwight Freeney, who had 8 sacks in 11 games and another key sack in the playoffs, over a guy who did nothing after holding out for a raise last year.

To say nothing of each player's past reputations

Im very much in the camp of lets see what the young guys have during camp first, but if we bring anyone in it absolutely should be Freeny.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was fine when he was starting. When he doesn't get what he wants he seems to turn into the proverbial snake in the grass. I can just see him melting down when DLaw and Gregory come back in week 5. Pass.

Our pass rush doesn't look so bad when players come back.

Which is why I would rather have someone like Freeney, who will have a full tank of gas when we need a pass rusher and may run out when we dont

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think we're going to end up going out to play with what we've got, folks.

Excited for training camp. Hopefully one of the young late round/undrafted guys steps up.
Sometimes the competition leads to a few guys doing better then expected.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I know he was the one who said that Hardy was a cancer in the locker room. Funny that they didn't resign him, too.

Mincey is lack of production due to talent. They aren't the same players in many ways. Nice try though.