Let's not fire Garrett

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let him finish the year. There isn't any coach capable of being an interim coach. With Garrett we'll get a higher draft pick. Let's get real this team ain't good enough to beat any playoff team. Clean house at the end of the season. The only coach worth keeping is Kellen Moore.

Or fire him and Rod tomorrow and name anyone as the interim coach, and win the last 3 and go into the playoffs on a win streak.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Wait, let me try to understand this logic. The assistants are worse than Garrett, but we should stick with Garrett because we are more likely to lose out? If the assistants are even worse and tanking is the goal, then why not fire JG and put one of them in charge?

Glad someone in here has some good sense.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm enjoying watching reality set in with Jerry, Stephen, Garrett, Dak, Zeke, Spagnola, and the rest of this charlatan squad.
I still say it was a huge mistake not giving Romo his job back when he healed up or at least letting him compete the next preseason. there was no downside even if he got hurt again Dak would have been a more prepared backup to take over. Instead they assumed that two rookies, one who's a giant doofus and the other who is mediocre were going to be the foundation for super bowl glory

Blake

Reaction score
I still say it was a huge mistake not giving Romo his job back when he healed up or at least letting him compete the next preseason. there was no downside even if he got hurt again Dak would have been a more prepared backup to take over. Instead they assumed that two rookies, one who's a giant doofus and the other who is mediocre were going to be the foundation for super bowl glory

Romo wasn't going to do squat. This is an organizational issue from top to bottom.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Let him finish the year. There isn't any coach capable of being an interim coach. With Garrett we'll get a higher draft pick. Let's get real this team ain't good enough to beat any playoff team. Clean house at the end of the season. The only coach worth keeping is Kellen Moore.

I'm not seeing it with Kellen Moore.

Reaction score
Lol!

Are we still reliving this ancient history?

May as well just lament the firing of Tom Landry

smitty313

Reaction score
Counterpoint- there isn't any coach that could do worse than this politician masquerading as a football coach

HotDog37

Reaction score
Could Jerry redefine the interim HC job as a 5-6 game temp job? I wonder if Art Briles could do better?

lol

endersdragon

Reaction score
Make JJ sign a contract that if we don't win the Super Bowl Garrett is either fired or he has to place the Cowboys on the open market... then let Garrett finish off the year.

khiladi

Reaction score
There is joy in watching Garrett get canned that can’t come soon enough.

ICP

Reaction score
Youbforget
Unfortunately cleaning house does not include the GM who is the real problem

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Let's not fire Garrett.

Angry-Face-Funny-Baby-Girl.jpg

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I don't think it matters who the interim HC is if Garrett is fired. It just needs to happen.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Somewhat my thinking as well. Although I am tempted to just get Garrett out of the way quickly.

However, if we fire Garrett now, and we go on a little run to end the year, I would hate to see Jerry hire the interim guy like he did with the horrid Garrett.
What if we go on a run and Garrett stays. It could go either way.