Let's not overlook Philadelphia

playmakers

Reaction score
These guys are not as bad as their record indicates. They dominated the Packers in week 1 and lost because their kick returner fumble two balls. They should had beaten the Bears. They let Griese drive 98 yards in 1 minute for the win. If they hadnt beaten themselves they would be 5-2. Im from Philly and have to admit as much as it pains me that the Eagles looked good on Sunday against the Vikings. On top of this, we always play bad in Philly. Even when we were good in the 90s when we came to Philly we either lost or barley made it out with a victory. Its just one of those places. Its probably the meaniest stadium in football. The only postive is Romo already went through that type of crowd in Buffalo.

The importance of this game is IMMENSE. Last year we played these guys when they were on the ropes at 5-7 and not to quote Denny Green but "We LEt them OFF the Hook. They were done if they lost that game. They won and went on to win the rest of the regular season and one game in the playoffs. History is kinda repeating itself. The Eagles are at 3-4 and depending on this game their confidence will either go sky high or drop. We must win fellows, Is anyone worried or who has the confidence?

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I would never overlook another NFC east team. I don't think our club is either. Too much hatred. And yes we ALL hate the Eagles!!

Woohitz

Reaction score
Obviously we need to contain Westbrook but I hope we don't sleep on Kevin Curtis as silly as that may sound. He's a poor man's Wes Welker that has been finding ways to get open.

alancdc

Reaction score
Why would we ever overlook at team that has consistently taken us to the woodshed over the past, what, 7 years?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
alancdc;1736069 said:
Why would we ever overlook at team that has consistently taken us to the woodshed over the past, what, 7 years?

We have people here that are already putting us in the playoffs.

Reaction score
How could you overlook a team that swept you the past year? I should hope they are really focused on beating them...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Philly knows that they can't afford this loss. At 3-4 they need badly to get back to 500 and back into the race a loss and their chances of getting the NFC East become slim to none. Talent wise this is a game we should win but I expect to get Philly's best in this game.

sacase

Reaction score
Last time I looked none of us are on the roster so fans overlooking philly has no impact on the game. We can look at who we want to without consequence. That is the advantage of being a fan. Why do people think the players are overlooking anything. It has been proven over and over again that they look at each week by itself. Can these overlook threads please stop.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sacase;1736140 said:
Last time I looked none of us are on the roster so fans overlooking philly has no impact on the game. We can look at who we want to without consequence. That is the advantage of being a fan. Why do people think the players are overlooking anything. It has been proven over and over again that they look at each week by itself. Can these overlook threads please stop.

You are right fans can overlook all they want. Players and teams at times do as well, the bigger the game ahead are the easier it is to start looking too far down the road.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
TRAP GAME
OMG
ITS A TARP GAME!!!!

(Who is overlooking Philly? No one.)

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
With this rivalry, how could anyone look past philly? I hate no team more..

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Listening to sirius' NFL radio channel this season, they pointed out the Iggles struggles saying that they are obviously a passing team but this year their group of WRs cannot beat press coverage. The one game they had early oon in the season where they did well, blasting the Lions they pointed out that Detroit did not play press coverage AT ALL during the whole game. After that the Iggles went back to struggling.
Now McNabb did look more mobile against the Vikes than he has this year but that's not saying a whole lot, he we wasnt gashing them with long runs or crazy scrambles. Hopefully Henry is atleast 75% and we can press those wrs. LJ Smith came back but did nothing so that leaves Westbrook which I do think is a bad matchup for our LBs but he has not had the performance he has put up the last few seasons either. May have lost a 1/2 a step.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Let's not overlook Philadelphia
I don't think any knowledgeable fans are overlooking Eagles, regardless of their record, they are still reigning NFCE champ and are very dangerous at their home. We need to play like we want to knock off the champ from their throne. I like to see us pummel Eagles into submission as we've done with other teams.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1736248 said:
I don't think any knowledgeable fans are overlooking Eagles, regardless of their record, they are still reigning NFCE champ and are very dangerous at their home. We need to play like we want to knock off the champ from their throne. I like to see us pummel Eagles into submission as we've done with other teams.

I agree. In the case of Philly there is no concern at all about overlooking them. The history is there to provide incentives and motivation for this team

Big Dakota

Reaction score
YES, all Zoners who will be suiting up for the Cowboys against the eagles, For GOD's SAKE DO NOT OVER LOOK THEM, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
sacase;1736140 said:
:hammer:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Especially after last year, when losing to the Eagles on Xmas cost us the division, I doubt the Boys will overlook Philly.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big Dakota;1736251 said:
YES, all Zoners who will be suiting up for the Cowboys against the eagles, For GOD's SAKE DO NOT OVER LOOK THEM, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2: