Let's not overlook Philadelphia

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1736091 said:
We have people here that are already putting us in the playoffs.

If you are 6-1, there is nothing wrong with already considering a playoff spot our's.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
does anyone realize that phoenix-talon has gone into hibernation? He always tried to act like he was the most innocent person on this board and now that the birds are at the bottom of the division, his true colors have been shown eh?

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
If they hadnt beaten themselves they would be 5-2.

Although I agree that we shouldn't get our hopes us, bad teams beat themselves all the time; it's an essential part of being bad.

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
Alright fellow brother cowboy fans,

This game is not going to be easy for you. The Eagles season rides on this game. The players know it, the fans know it. The Cowboys, as much as they want to win, know they CAN afford to lose this game and can still win the division. No matter how many times you tell a player it is must win, they know in the back of their minds it isn't. The Eagles are 1-2 at home and 0-2 in prime time games, as well as 0-2 in the division. I think they badly want to make up for their poor performances earlier. The main culprit was Mcnabb, who was horrendous for 5 weeks. He started coming out of it late in the Bears game, and the Viking game by far was his best game. The knee looked much better and he was much more decisive. Will he take another step forward or a step back? I don't know. I do realize the Cowboy offensive line is better than last year, but so is the Eagle run defense. In fact, it is hard to imagine the Eagles could be 3-4 when they haven't given up more than 20 points in a game. To quote Rocky "Forget strategy, forget technique, this is an all out war, it's a question of who wants it most, and right now, it's anyone's game."

We know everyone in the NFC East wanted to stick a pin in the Eagles like a voodoo doll, pronouncing our death. But the fact is, the Eagles win this game, they will likely be 6-4 and right back in it, as the next two games are at Washington and Miami at home.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow;1736946 said:
Alright fellow brother cowboy fans,

This game is not going to be easy for you. The Eagles season rides on this game. The players know it, the fans know it. The Cowboys, as much as they want to win, know they CAN afford to lose this game and can still win the division. No matter how many times you tell a player it is must win, they know in the back of their minds it isn't. The Eagles are 1-2 at home and 0-2 in prime time games, as well as 0-2 in the division. I think they badly want to make up for their poor performances earlier. The main culprit was Mcnabb, who was horrendous for 5 weeks. He started coming out of it late in the Bears game, and the Viking game by far was his best game. The knee looked much better and he was much more decisive. Will he take another step forward or a step back? I don't know. I do realize the Cowboy offensive line is better than last year, but so is the Eagle run defense. In fact, it is hard to imagine the Eagles could be 3-4 when they haven't given up more than 20 points in a game. To quote Rocky "Forget strategy, forget technique, this is an all out war, it's a question of who wants it most, and right now, it's anyone's game."

If this makes you sleep better great. Dallas knows this is a heated rivalry and if you think Dallas is going in thinking we can afford to lose then you are kidding yourself. Dallas knows this is a statement game vs the NCF East winner eagles and time to show that this division is once again ours. I do expect the eagles to fight like there is no tomorrow because the truth is there is no tomorrows if you blow this one. :laugh2:

Mansta54

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1736091 said:
We have people here that are already putting us in the playoffs.

So whats wrong with putting us in the playoffs. I feel strong about this team being in post season but that doesn't mean I'm overlooking the Eagles. Hell yes, I put us in the playoffs.. Don't you?

Mansta54

Reaction score
TheSport78;1736883 said:
does anyone realize that phoenix-talon has gone into hibernation? He always tried to act like he was the most innocent person on this board and now that the birds are at the bottom of the division, his true colors have been shown eh?

Yep, him and most of those Foreskin fans too. They use to be all over this board but have VANISHED as the season moves on and their BUM teams fall behind... I luv it!!!!:laugh2:

SacredStar

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game.

Everyone looks at the Eagles record and thinks they suck. But how many have actually watched their games?

They are still a very good team. McNabb is still a dangerous QB who has had tremendous success vs. Dallas. Westbrook is back healthy, Dawkins may be back....they really missed him.

It will be slugfest and we would be fortunate to come out on top.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mansta54;1737014 said:
Yep, him and most of those Foreskin fans too. They use to be all over this board but have VANISHED as the season moves on and their BUM teams fall behind... I luv it!!!!:laugh2:

hmmm...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AJM1613;1737111 said:

So you post once in over a month to say "hmmm" and think that proves something?

A big difference from last year during the eagles win streak with Garcia.

SacredStar

Reaction score
RomoIsBack;1737187 said:
last time eagles was horrible we beat them twice

I wouldn't call them horrible....not even close. They've had some tough breaks thus far this season....but they are still a good team.

AJM1613

Reaction score
zrinkill;1737173 said:
So you post once in over a month to say "hmmm" and think that proves something?

A big difference from last year during the eagles win streak with Garcia.

???

I have 18 posts in the last two years (well I guess now 19).

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
playmakers;1736041 said:
These guys are not as bad as their record indicates. They dominated the Packers in week 1 and lost because their kick returner fumble two balls. They should had beaten the Bears. They let Griese drive 98 yards in 1 minute for the win. If they hadnt beaten themselves they would be 5-2. Im from Philly and have to admit as much as it pains me that the Eagles looked good on Sunday against the Vikings. On top of this, we always play bad in Philly. Even when we were good in the 90s when we came to Philly we either lost or barley made it out with a victory. Its just one of those places. Its probably the meaniest stadium in football. The only postive is Romo already went through that type of crowd in Buffalo.

The importance of this game is IMMENSE. Last year we played these guys when they were on the ropes at 5-7 and not to quote Denny Green but "We LEt them OFF the Hook. They were done if they lost that game. They won and went on to win the rest of the regular season and one game in the playoffs. History is kinda repeating itself. The Eagles are at 3-4 and depending on this game their confidence will either go sky high or drop. We must win fellows, Is anyone worried or who has the confidence?
when the Cowboys play @ Philadelphia, you can throw the records out the window.

It will be tough no matter what. They are getting healthier and have guys coming back. Cowboys cannot overlook the Iggles

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
playmakers;1736041 said:
These guys are not as bad as their record indicates. They dominated the Packers in week 1 and lost because their kick returner fumble two balls. They should had beaten the Bears. They let Griese drive 98 yards in 1 minute for the win. If they hadnt beaten themselves they would be 5-2.

The margin between victory and defeat is normally very few plays. Good teams make those plays. Bad teams don't.

Dallas is the better team. This reality is made evident by almost every substantive indicator--overall record, offensive production, performance against common opponents, etc.

If the Cowboys are the team we think they are, they will win this game. Philly's only advantage is a psychological one, and Dallas must finally overcome it.