Let's See Here...

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
OK, so I've had 2 shots at this already, and this will be my last shot until right b4 the draft. I didn't make any trades just straight up picking.

Here are the 1st 2 mocks:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148153

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147703

Without further ado, here we go...

2. Patrick Chung SS-- 5-11 212 (Oregon) I still think he's our pick here, even with the signing of Sensabaugh and moving Scandrick and/or Ball. I see him being able to play either safety spot.

3. Kraig Urbik OG-- 6-5 328 (Wisconsin) I thought we would go after a relatively young FA to push Kosier and provide depth, but we haven't. So we pick this mauler. Wisconsin OL are usually a safe bet to pan out, and he's a good value right here.

*** We may have to move up a couple spots for these next 2 picks, but we definitely have the ammo to do so ***

4(a). Lawrence Sidbury OLB/DE-- 6-3 266 (Richmond) I just don't see Ellis making it to the 2009 regular season. With this pick we have his replacement. Hopefully, he's still here, if not he's worth moving up for IMO.

4(b). Scott McKillop ILB-- 6-1 244 (Pitt) Need someone to throw into the mix at ILB, I'm not sold on Carpenter. This guy reminds me of a young Brookings.

5(a). Mike Wallace WR-- 6-1 199 (Ole Miss) I think Jerry's comments about our young WR's means the position doesn't need a 1st day pick, but we still need someone to return punts and possibly kicks, not sure I want Felix or Austin back there if they are going to have bigger roles in the offense. Someone to battle Stanback for that last WR spot and may be able to develop into a quality pro.

5(b). Sammie Lee Hill DT-- 6-4 329 (Stillman College) With the Olshansky signing, that keeps Ratliff at NT for the most part but we'll need a quality back up, and we might as well make that back up a big body. Solid athlete, will need development

5(c). Joe Burnett CB-- 5'10 192 (UCF) If we're moving at least 1 and maybe 2 of our CB's to S, then we're going to need someone to come in for depth. I believe he can also be a hybrid CB/FS type.

6(a). Nathan Brown QB-- 6-1 219 (Central Arkansas) Definitely need to pick up a young QB to develop. A lot of people like Bomar, but this guy seemed to outshine him at the Senior Bowl. May not have the arm Bomar has, but I like his intangibles and athletic ability.

6(b). Ramon Foster OT-- 6-5 338 (Tennessee) A developmental tackle to come in and battle for roster spot. Nasty demeanor, and could become a solid pro with work.

7(a). Roy Miller DT-- 6-1 310 (Texas) I really want us to pick him up. I think he could be our new Ratliff. Remember Ratliff was also a 7th rounder, with a high motor, but not ideal size.

7(b). Reshard Langford-- 6-1 213 (Vanderbilt) A true SS, that can perform on special teams. I don't see us resigning Killa Keith, so we'll need some new blood on the Special Teams if he can make the squad.

Have at it... Opinons???

irvin4evs

Benched
Reaction score
We would have to move up for all five of those first picks. They'd be good ones--too good to be true, unfortunately.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Chung will absolutely be there at 51. Honestly, I don't even think he'll be the best safety available then.