Let's step into the Way Back machine...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
sherman-peabody.jpg

A friend and I were talking today and we talked about this so I thought I would bring it up here....

What is the ONE play in Cowboys history you would change if you could?

For me it would be Jackie Smith's non catch.

That just irritated me for years. Still does a bit.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
pretty good choice, being a young'n I'm going to have to say that pass interference they called on Deion in the 95 championship game we lost to the niners

xpistofer

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2272743 said:
sherman-peabody.jpg

A friend and I were talking today and we talked about this so I thought I would bring it up here....

I would have to say 'the catch' since it ended an era of dominance for us and began one for the stinkin 9ers...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2272743 said:
sherman-peabody.jpg

Other than it irritating you; why?

Mine would be the non- PI call on Deion, against Irvin, that elimanted us for a chance at a three-peat.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Seven;2272755 said:
Other than it irritating you; why?

Mine would be the non- PI call on Deion, against Irvin, that elimanted us for a chance at a three-peat.

For one if he catches the ball, I am confident we win that game. We then now have 6 SB trophies. And it should have been an easy catch for an all pro TE.

Seven

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2272765 said:
For one if he catches the ball, I am confident we win that game. We then now have 6 SB trophies. And it should have been an easy catch for an all pro TE.

He catches that ball and there's still 1.5 quarters left to play. He drops that ball and there's still 1.5 quarters left to play.

All pro? They picked this dude up on a last ditch effort. He'd been out of football for awhile.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Seven;2272803 said:
He catches that ball and there's still 1.5 quarters left to play. He drops that ball and there's still 1.5 quarters left to play.

All pro? They picked this dude up on a last ditch effort. He'd been out of football for awhile.

Didn't say he was currently an all pro. Plus he's a hall of famer. I just think the play would have given us the momentum and it was surely a turning point in the game.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I agree with seevral others, the non PI call on Deion v Irvin in the 94 NFC Championship game was the killer for me. We had them on the ropes bigtime.

A close 2nd would have been seeing that "catch" by Dwight Clark bounce off his fingertips or just go way over his head. I'm still convinced to this day Montana was just trying to get rid of the ball to avoid the sack.

The Jackie Smith play is up there, but so is another play most dont think about. Landry putting Randy White out on the kick return team in that game with a broken hand. He ended up feilding a ball and fumbling, and the Steelers scored a TD right after that play. To this day I stll have no idea what Landry was thinking.

Seven

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2272810 said:
Didn't say he was currently an all pro. Plus he's a hall of famer. I just think the play would have given us the momentum and it was surely a turning point in the game.

I didn't know Jackie was a hall of famer. Still, the Cowboys had time to end it and they did not. Lots of football left in that game. I do semi-agree it could've lent credence to the momentum factor.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Seven;2272823 said:
I didn't know Jackie was a hall of famer. Still, the Cowboys had time to end it and they did not. Lots of football left in that game. I do semi-agree it could've lent credence to the momentum factor.

Oh I agree, there was still time and we didn't do the things we had to do to win. I just still see Jackie falling to the ground, doing that little wet fish vibration thing, and I think, DANG.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Leon Letts blunder in the superbowl....if he doesn't showboat on the way in, Beebe never catches him and we set the record for most points scored in a Superbowl.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
dbair1967;2272817 said:
I agree with seevral others, the non PI call on Deion v Irvin in the 94 NFC Championship game was the killer for me. We had them on the ropes bigtime.

On the ropes? Wasn't SF leading by 10 at that point? I'm not challenging you. I'm simply trying to remember the game accurately.

It is my great hope that Star Gazer will someday make the 1994 NFC Championship game available for download. I've asked him twice, and I've been rebuffed twice.:(:D