Let's talk about Dan Quinn's contract

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hell, with the team being off next week, we can clean up some other areas (LOL). To be honest, from what I tell ( reading bits of nuggets ), I'm not sure his name is as hot as it was a couple of years ago. He probably could have named his next HC job but now it appears he is just another name among the top 5-6 candidates.

Here are a few facts..

• His original contract with the Cowboys was signed Jan 2021 for three years ( yes, it would have expired in 2023 )
  • He signed a multi-year extension in January 2022 which most likely includes 2024 year.......at least
  • He can only interview/leave for another head coaching position without Jerry's permission.
  • He can not interview for another DC job w/o Jerry's approval as long as there's an active contract.
  • He was still paid under his HC contract with the Falcons through 2022.
  • He once had Mike Daniels, Kyle Shanahan, Matt LaFleur, and Raheem Morris as his assistant coaches with the Falcons
  • He interviewed with the Broncos, Colts, and Cardinals in Jan 2023

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You lock him up now, he's going to be a hot topic, steaming hot!!!!!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am sure Jerry has some deal with him to take over the HC job. In the perfect world, IF the Cowboys don't make it to the SB, MM is out and DQ is new HC with Al Harris as the DC.
I could be wrong but unless this somehow misses the playoffs, I think MM has already locked down his return for 2024 regardless of what happens in the playoff. In other words, I think he will go into the playoffs coaching for an extension. If he doesn't do well, Jerry will bring him back to finish the last year of his contract ( lame-duck ) w/o extension. If he does well ( NFLCG or SB ), he gets extended....JMO.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I can see the possibility of Quinn taking on San Diego possibly as HC - solid qb - good defensive pieces - room to grow

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I wish the team had such coaching and drafting capability for one of the consistently top TO-leading defenses in the league these past years when Romo was QB for at least a few of these years. The team would likely already have its sixth Super Bowl.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
For a franchise that hasn't made a conference championship in 29 years, we as a fanbase don't have the right to talk trash about a coach who lost a super bowl in his second year as a head coach.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Don’t know, seems happy in his current post. He had a tough time holding his assistants accountable In Atlanta. Not sure he wants the head coaching gig again. But I’m sure he has learned a lot and would consider the right situation.

Majic

Reaction score
He wants to be head coach here or in Seattle is my guess. If Mike signs an extension after season, maybe he jumps ship then as he won't want to wait any longer. Maybe LA Chargers/Atlanta/New Orleans/Tampa Bay/Carolina come into play?