Let's talk about Dan Quinn's contract

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don’t get a third shot. He will work in the league as long as he wants, but his next HC job is likely his last.

I’ve suspected for some time that he is waiting for the Seattle job to open up.
I don't think he has any interest in leaving unless it's for Seattle. He's in a great spot here and could be looking at fielding a defense next year with 2 of the top CBs and one of the top 2 or 3 overall defensive players in the NFL. I think he has to be salivating over that.

Jerry will make sure he's making money on par with whatever offer might get thrown at him for a HC position and if MM slips up he will slide right into the spot.

CashMan

Reaction score
I could be wrong but unless this somehow misses the playoffs, I think MM has already locked down his return for 2024 regardless of what happens in the playoff. In other words, I think he will go into the playoffs coaching for an extension. If he doesn't do well, Jerry will bring him back to finish the last year of his contract ( lame-duck ) w/o extension. If he does well ( NFLCG or SB ), he gets extended....JMO.
Think in terms of the bigger picture. Quinn will probably get offers for a HC position.

Mark

Reaction score
What evidence is there that DQ wants to be a HC? Before he signed his most recent contract, he was a red-hot commodity, and had the perfect opportunity to leave. But he didn't.

Maybe...just maybe...Quinn actually likes living in the Dallas area, being regarded league-wide as a top-tier DC, having great players to work with...all without having to occupy the hot-seat & deal with all the administrative nonsense that a HC does in a completely different job.

Football coaches weigh "quality of life" issues, too. In most cases, a leap from coordinator to HC brings with it a significant financial reward. I have no idea what DQ earns, but sense that Jerry may have shrewdly removed that consideration from the table with the latest contract.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I hope JJ can find a way to keep him. He's the best D-coordinator this team has had in decades. If I were JJ, I would use an important tool to keep him here: money. Pay him such a ridiculous amount of money that he can't say "no," whether it's as the DC or as the HC.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
For a franchise that hasn't made a conference championship in 29 years, we as a fanbase don't have the right to talk trash about a coach who lost a super bowl in his second year as a head coach.
We're embarking on our first 3 consecutive playoff birth and winning season with MM but yet majority on here want him gone.