Let's talk about reality here with the draft picks

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Look at all of the guys parcells has gotten in the 5th round or worse that are going to or have contributed...try and find another team if you can that has done that...

Romo
Ratliff
Crayton
Rivera
Jones
Watkins
Reeves
Pettiti
Jason Ferguson
Fowler
Hoyte
McBriar
Polite
Procter
Copper
Rector
Tyson Thompson
Mcquiston

18 players who will contribute! all after the 5th round and ALOT OF them UFA's.........BP knows talent...obviously peterman, al johnson, and rodgers were not what he thought but he MORE than made up for it with these guys

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Yea.
I don't think he gets proper credit for that. Everyone focuses on the 2 or 3 falied picks but overlooks the 20-30 successes that came much cheaper.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
forgot about kosier too, didnt put coleman down cause he will probably be cut or traded

BlueStar22

Reaction score
honestly, i'm more impressed with the guys picked on Day 2 that are contributing.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I cant count Ferguson, Rivera, Kosier or the like because we signed them. Quite lucratively at that. I don't consider them talent discovery. They're more talent purchased.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
It's a little too early to put Rector or Hoyte on that list I think, maybe Procter too. And McBriar is a punter so you'd better hope he wasn't drafted on the 1st day, but other than that I agree with that.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whew, I thought this was a "Reality bashing thread" and you had invited the draft picks to join in .. :D :D :D

-Reality

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
He's had his stinkers too. Check out his 98 season; 12 picks and he only got Fabini. Heck, if you take the 97/98 seasons together, out of 33 picks he got James Farrior, Dedric Ward, Jason Ferguson and Jason Fabini. I guess you could throw Leon Johnson on there too.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
Whew, I thought this was a "Reality bashing thread" and you had invited the draft picks to join in .. :D :D :D

-Reality
Nah, we do that via email. :D

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Reality said:

-Reality

Me too. For the record, I heard Watkins called you a jerk. :D

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Me too. For the record, I heard Watkins called you a jerk. :D
Carpenter said you cheated in the Pick 'em game last year. :D

How is this year's Pick 'em game comin?
When can we expect to see it?

Reaction score
Leon Johnson was my teammate at Carolina he was a good player knees wouldn't hold up. He lives right here in Charlotte

sbark

Reaction score
things seemed to pick up with J. ireland signing on......BP would do well to throw some kudo's his way

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I cant count Ferguson, Rivera, Kosier or the like because we signed them. Quite lucratively at that. I don't consider them talent discovery. They're more talent purchased.
I'll give him Ferguson since he did draft him in the 7th...just not here. But I agree Rivera (I don't see Kosier's name on it) doesn't belong on the list with the title given this thread.

bobtheflob said:
It's a little too early to put Rector or Hoyte on that list I think, maybe Procter too.
I agree it is a little early to include Rector or Hoyte; especially Hoyte since I don't think he makes the 53 man squad this year...Rector might. But Proctor is in; Parcells as much as said so in the PC this morning while talking about cutting Peterman.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
how come Hurd isnt on this list?

and whats up with the pick em game? can anyone play? id love to..

AtlCB

Reaction score
Reality said:

-Reality
It is. We just tricked you into showing up. :D

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
It's a little too early to put Rector or Hoyte on that list I think, maybe Procter too. And McBriar is a punter so you'd better hope he wasn't drafted on the 1st day, but other than that I agree with that.

Procter is going to make the final roster. Peterman is gone and BP really likes Procter.