Let's talk about reality here with the draft picks

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
Look at all of the guys parcells has gotten in the 5th round or worse that are going to or have contributed...try and find another team if you can that has done that...

Romo
Ratliff
Crayton
Rivera
Jones
Watkins
Reeves
Pettiti
Jason Ferguson
Fowler
Hoyte
McBriar
Polite
Procter
Copper
Rector
Tyson Thompson
Mcquiston

18 players who will contribute! all after the 5th round and ALOT OF them UFA's.........BP knows talent...obviously peterman, al johnson, and rodgers were not what he thought but he MORE than made up for it with these guys

Well, I would give more credit to our scouting department for those late picks than Parcells... Parcells was responsible for all the whiffs in Rounds 1-4 of late. Sadly his whiffs amount to a large number, and our O-line is still suffering because of it.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:
Well, I would give more credit to our scouting department for those late picks than Parcells... Parcells was responsible for all the whiffs in Rounds 1-4 of late. Sadly his whiffs amount to a large number, and our O-line is still suffering because of it.

There ya go.. that makes perfect sense... its all Parcells fault when a draft pick fails.. but its ALL our scouting department when a draft pick is a success.

Parcells hater perhaps?

ravidubey

Reaction score
This is one of the biggest changes in our team that I can remember-- actually getting excited about players selected in the 4th round and later being able to really contribute to the team.

The folks here in the Washington DC area still don't get this and still feel that multiple draft picks are worth expending for average veterans.

Jerry used to be this way, trading a 3rd rounder for James McKnight when he could have had him for a 7th or trading a 4th rounder for that waste of a TE from Atlanta and he never lays a down for us. He did it again with Henson, but I think all that is over with now.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I think you'd get cred for those picks, if you won playoff games, and made a run in the past 10 years.

Otherwise, their just "nice" players who didn't do a lot.

ya know?

Not a rip, just a reality.

wileedog

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:

I'm pretty sure it was Parcells though who pushed out Lacewell and brought in Ireland, then made it very clear the types of guys he was looking for.

All credit in the world to the scouts for actually finding them, but I think all the kudos for a good pick and all the blame for a bad pick ultimately comes back to Parcells.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Wheat said:
I think you'd get cred for those picks, if you won playoff games, and made a run in the past 10 years.

ya know?

We'll talk again after this season since a lot of those guys are 1st and 2nd year players. And their affect on THIS year is what we’re talking about.

You guys with your one playoff win in the last however many years it's been. One win before bombing out is not much different than our playoff appearance three years ago. You got nothing to get cocky about.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Wheat said:

ya know?

You should think before you type next time. Most of these guys have played for the Cowboys for maybe one or two seasona and some have never suited up in a regular season game yet. Talk to us in a couple seasons and see if we've won any playoff games or made a run.

When was the skins last run? 15 years ago?

Face it, Dallas' defense is young and stacked with talent and we're going to be around awhile and you can't deal with it.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
you can easily see that we are going to make a run for the next 5 to 7 years with the players we have...thats what we are talking about here...even if bp leaves...kind of like how he left the other teams he was at...the pats won superbowls with the players he put in place...most of them at impact spots...the jets went deep in the playoffs...so yes nothing has happened yet but you can see what is going to...either way he got our team back in contention and thats something that no one else could...no way we would have come back this quick with anyone else..jerrah had this team in shambles...

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I cant count Ferguson, Rivera, Kosier or the like because we signed them. Quite lucratively at that. I don't consider them talent discovery. They're more talent purchased.

BP drafted Ferguson when he was with the Jets.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Let's trade all of our first day picks for second day picks...we could get about twenty picks by doing that. :eek: