Let's Talk About The Eagles

Fwed

Reaction score
He improved because they won. If he goes 5-11 this year is he the same guy he was in year 1 or year 2? I never thought of him as a bad coach to be honest. I just think he got to coach a better team in year 2 than year 1.
you think coaching doesnt matter then?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
LOL I hope Jerry Jones is a vampire and lives forever. Daniel Snyder too.
Sorry, i didnt understand that this was a deep thought free zone. LOL
Hey bro, I give you a post with substance, how bout returning the favor? Or does it not matter? We were having a good debate, don't reply with this nonsense. Please.

JustChip

Reaction score
or...their coach/QB being heralded is a product of cheating. people tend to spout that greatness stuff without realizing that perhaps Belicheck would of one zero SBs with the Patriots and been fired by now had he not cheated.
Each of his first three SBs were won by a FG or less...and yes, he was cheating during all of them. If he hadnt of cheated, he likely wouldnt of made it to any SBs, and yes, what they did was worth at least a FG. Without cheating BB might well be the defensive coordinator of the Jets right now.

No doubt that, with slightly different circumstances, Belichick, Brady and the Patriots could have won fewer Super Bowls. However, that's not because of cheating, but because of the razor thin margin for NFL success. They probably should've lost the Seattle and Atlanta games, and probably shouldn't have even been in last year's SB. But the sword is double-edged. They should've won the 1st Giants game and become only the 2nd team to undefeated for a season.

You call it cheating, but it's really walking the thin line just on the inside of the legality. E.g., they (or maybe just Tom) knew the propensity for the officials to call PI so when you need a play, simply chuck it up and the odds are in your favor. They're not alone in that - I hate PI for that reason.

I'm not a Patriots fan and get tired of seeing them play in the SB, but you're blaming their success on cheating and failing to acknowledge anything but that has the air of sour grapes.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No. I wont let him have that. If he gets away with it for much longer I'm gonna get benched

Some things you dont say, Panther.

Even at my worst, my most drunken idiocy in the past, I dont go that far
It's just not worth it. He had one of the most disgusting posts I've ever read on the zone. Totally low class. Not worth debating with.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's just not worth it. He had one of the most disgusting posts I've ever read on the zone. Totally low class. Not worth debating with.
I did it, PA! LOL! I waited and relaxed and trusted the process.

I dont think he's a Boys fan. His "Hoping Jerry-as-vampire" and "Hoping Daniel Snyder lives forever" reek of Eagles scum.

But I digress, he got his karma.

Again, sorry for derailing this thread, fellow Zoners.

Last edited:

StylisticS

Reaction score
I explained how the eagles would be getting around the 30 million, maybe you misread it.

Carson and dak are both good qb's that will be getting paid, but since wentz was a 1st round pick the team has a 5th year option so they can hold off 1 more year before he gets the big contract. The cowboys don't have that with dak.

My glasses are filled with superbowl green tint, please recognize.
You only explained to us that it will only get you to 0 dollars in cap space, not that you will have cap space. Now the cap can be manipulated but how is it that your future is better if Dallas will have a larger cap space. Also, the Cowboys will not sign all the players that you think they will sign.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You only explained to us that it will only get you to 0 dollars in cap space, not that you will have cap space. Now the cap can be manipulated but how is it that your future is better if Dallas will have a larger cap space. Also, the Cowboys will not sign all the players that you think they will sign.

I would argue that it isn’t just about the amount of cap space a given team has to spend. Every team’s cap ‘situation’ is different based on how many good young players are already under contract. A team may have a lot to spend, but they may also need more talent to be considered more of a contender than other teams do. On the other hand, a team may not have as much to spend but they be in a situation where they don’t need as much (because the roster is already in good shape talent-wise). Cap space is relative

Satchel89

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles worse than any other team in the league and it has a lot to do with their fans. Just an absolutely atrocious fanbase. I honestly hope they have a miserable season so I can watch them immediately turn on the team and want coaches fired and players traded.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score

Incorrect, i did explained how they will get under the 30 million, and then gave suggestions how they would get under..."If the eagles sign nelson agholor to a long term deal (free agent 2020) they should have enough cap room to resign jordan hicks." also..."The eagles could also restructure contracts if they need more cap space." Like they did last year with brandon brooks.

Never did I say philly's future was better (of course after winning the superbowl I kinda think that ), only more stable since we have 42 players under contract in 2020, with only 5 starters slotted to hit free agency, compared to dallas who has only 36 players under contract, with 8 starters to hit free agency. In your own words "the Cowboys will not sign all the players that you think they will sign."

Verdict

Reaction score
Patriots are heralded and led by the greatest coach of all time and greatest QB of all time. "Cheatriot" is a cop out for salty fans who cant accept their greatness, or the PURE DOMINANCE of Belichick.

It's easier and cozier to brush him off as a cheater. That's fine. And pathetic.

Well, to be fair he may be the best coach of all time, and may also cheat better than anyone else too. I'm not sure they are mutually exclusive.

aria

Reaction score
Can we get this thread moved to the NFL Zone where it belongs? I’m sick of seeing “the Eagles” every time I click on the Fan Zone.