Let's talk DL

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Since when is he "good for 5 sacks a year"? Because he did it last year, when they had to scheme to free him up?

Put Crawford on the open market as well. Nobody will pay him the stupid money the Cowboys have. Nobody.

What's "5 year starter"?

How's Crawford looking "against the 1's"?

Crawford's last 4 years have been 5 sacks, 4.5 sacks, 4 sacks, and 5.5 sacks. Averages out to 4.75 sacks a season. I'll call it 5.

The rule of thumb for salary is a million dollars per sack; Hyder for example had 1 sack last year and got a $1M contract with lower than normal guarantees. Crawford is 29, but he's been a durable player for several years now. I bet he could get $4M or $5M a year on the open market. He's overpaid but he's not a bum either.

A 5 year starter is simple; he has started each of the last 5 seasons. And his production against other teams' 1s over that time span has been pretty consistent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford's last 4 years have been 5 sacks, 4.5 sacks, 4 sacks, and 5.5 sacks. Averages out to 4.75 sacks a season. I'll call it 5.

I see that ausspoed to be good? Or worth the $9 milliona year?

The rule of thumb for salary is a million dollars per sack; Hyder for example had 1 sack last year and got a $1M contract with lower than normal guarantees. Crawford is 29, but he's been a durable player for several years now. I bet he could get $4M or $5M a year on the open market. He's overpaid but he's not a bum either.

Never said he was a bum.

A 5 year starter is simple; he has started each of the last 5 seasons. And his production against other teams' 1s over that time span has been pretty consistent.

Consistently poor. People want to call him the 'starter' at RDE, namely because he's been displaced from anywhere else. And other players have either missed time or not stepped up. But if he's the 'starter' at RDE, the Dallas Cowboys 'starting RDE' has gotten zero sacks from that position vs opposing starting tackles for the past two years.

That's a disgrace.