"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are 3 ink-on-paper guides I've picked up:

Ourlads "2017 Guide to the NFL Draft"
Nolan Nawrocki "NFL Draft 2017 Preview"
DTP's "2017 NFL Draft Guide"

I've received the Ourlads' guide since 1990, which tells you how highly I value it. It's well laid out and easy to read. The information is very good IMO.

I picked up the Nawrocki guide based on Alexander's recommendation of it. The way it's laid out reminds me of the old "PFW" draft guides by Joel Buchsbaum. Lots of info for each prospect.

I picked up DTP's draft guide based on a sales pimping message by Amazon. I thought what the hell. When I received it I thought "This is a BIG draft guide!" Then I found out why... The font used is huge! As is the spacing between the lines. If the publisher (looks to be self-published) used a font similar to those used by Nawrocki and Ourlads then it would have ending up being a comparably sized guide. The guy who did this guide talks about being a "regular guy" who watches a lot of college games and decided to put out a draft guide (this is the second guide he's done). In other words, he's a couch-riding fan rather than passing himself off as a scout or ever being associated in a formal manner with an NFL team. Does that make his knowledge and opinion irrelevant? No, not necessarily. I'm willing to give the guy a chance and will be interested to see how well his opinions hold up.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nawrocki's is probably my favorite now that Mel stop doing his. Brugler's is really good too. For $10 it's the best bargain out there.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Nawrocki's is probably my favorite now that Mel stop doing his. Brugler's is really good too. For $10 it's the best bargain out there.

Agreed on Brugler's, I felt like I robbed him after I printed it out.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
I like Brugler and Nawrocki. Both are very good and quite thorough. How I miss Buschbaum.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Brugler is a real treasure. How he doesn't have a job in somebody's front office yet amazes me. I've ordered his guide for 3 or 4 years straight now.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I used to get Pro Football Weekly way back in the day when Joel Bushbaum did most of it.

He was the original draft geek.

And I live on Ourlads.