Let's talk Flozell and the draft

hendog

Reaction score
I realize its early to be talking about the draft. But. Here's to hoping we draft Flo's replacement in the upcoming draft. Seems to be a decent year for tackles. Who do you take and why?

Russell Okung -OK ST- probably gone before we get the chance
Bryan Buluga - Iowa
Anthony Davis - Rutgers
Bruce Campbell - Maryland
Trent Williams - OU
Ciron Black - LSU
Selvish Capers - West Virginia

Not sure who I'd take. Thought I'd like to hear from some of you draft gurus who have maybe been following some of these guys, their teams or conferences. Hearing some good things on Bruce Campbell even though he's battled some injuries this year. Supposedly good pass blocker.

I'm thinking it's time to get serious about the LT position.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Never to early to talk about the draft and I'm a big fan of the athletic Selvish Capers. Granted he has been a RT but with Pat White at QB Capers was protecting his blind side. His frame is big enough to add a little weight with out losing his quickness.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I don't believe in drafting for position. Draft the best athlete. One who can play multiple positions and be high up in trade value. I sort of remember a decent coach a long time ago who had a somewhat similar philosophy. =P I agree with SDogo about Capers though as far as that list goes.

Edit: And SDogo, you're from Lyman? I'm fairly certain I have a cousin from there. Is that anywhere near Duncan? Because I for sure have a cousin who went to Byrnes High School.

landryscorner

Reaction score
8FOR!3;3027907 said:
I don't believe in drafting for position. Draft the best athlete. One who can play multiple positions and be high up in trade value. I sort of remember a decent coach a long time ago who had a somewhat similar philosophy. =P I agree with SDogo about Capers though as far as that list goes.

Edit: And SDogo, you're from Lyman? I'm fairly certain I have a cousin from there. Is that anywhere near Duncan? Because I for sure have a cousin who went to Byrnes High School.

Gotta agree here...we have not been so lucky in the early rounds as much as the later rounds. Flo has pretty much ran himself out of Dallas with his "INEPT" play...yes inept play and horrible record setting penalties in the history of the NFL. Those of you who still want him can dream on because a new Dallas Headcoach will have FLO on his radar as players who need to go...including Carpenter, Spencer, Hamlin, and possibly Crayton....anyways good thread...any thread that talks about getting rid of FLo is ok with me.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
8FOR!3;3027907 said:

Sure is, as a matter of fact my children will be attending Byrnes. Duncan is like 2 miles down the road from me.

hendog

Reaction score
8FOR!3;3027907 said:

Your cousin's not Willie Korn is he?

ghst187

Reaction score
Marcus McNeil...and look for two WRs with serious speed, a CB, and a NT

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3028454 said:
Jason Fox?
OT - Jason Fox, Miami Height: 6-6. Weight: 315

helped anchor an offensive front that paved the way for senior running back Javarris James’ 150 rushing yards against the nation’s top-ranked rushing defense in a 21-20 win against eighth-ranked
Oklahoma
. Aided by Fox’s performance at the tackle position, the 17th-ranked Hurricanes piled on 342 yards of total offense. Fox graded out at 99 percent for the game and added three pancake blocks, while not allowing a sack

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Buluga if he enters the draft. 20 years old, TE converted to OT with fantastic feet, versatile and played guard in 2007, long arms and frame to add weight, plays against pretty good competition-Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, etc..., and comes from a school that is pretty good at producing linemen. He'd be my pick, and I'd probably look at a versatile center in the 3rd or 4th rounds like J.D. Walton out of Baylor.