Let's Talk Giants...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1746891 said:
Maybe.

Me Personally, I think the Cowboys OL is very perfessional and don't need any bulletin board material to do there job.

I just think it helps keeps guys focused when you are being told how great these guys are. Reality is I think our guys know right now that the Giants defense is very capable of going out and having a great game and it will be a challenge for them. I'm looking forward to it because I think this group is coming along as a unit and this present a pretty solid test.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1746905 said:
I just think it helps keeps guys focused when you are being told how great these guys are. Reality is I think our guys know right now that the Giants defense is very capable of going out and having a great game and it will be a challenge for them. I'm looking forward to it because I think this group is coming along as a unit and this present a pretty solid test.

Looking at things from the "keep these guys grounded" angle, I have to agree.

- Mike G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1746914 said:
Looking at things from the "keep these guys grounded" angle, I have to agree.

- Mike G.

Well Strahan has been known for having good games vs Dallas and gets pumped up for us, being from the Dallas area himself. I don't think Dallas will take the Giants defense lightly because they know 1st hand how tough the Giants D is when they get going early in games.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1746920 said:
Well Strahan has been known for having good games vs Dallas and gets pumped up for us, being from the Dallas area himself. I don't think Dallas will take the Giants defense lightly because they know 1st hand how tough the Giants D is when they get going early in games.

Yep.

I bet Strahan was out of shape the last time we played against him.

I am primarily concerned with the Cowboys Pass Rush and the time Eli Manning will have to complete passes against our secondary.

I have always felt the best way to be the Cowboys was to spread them out and attack the Secondary. This was discussed ad nauseam after the Giants and Patriots Game on Talk Radio. The only problem is, which I think is lucky for us, only a handful of teams have the ability to do it.

- Mike G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1746942 said:
Yep.

I bet Strahan was out of shape the last time we played against him.

I am primarily concerned with the Cowboys Pass Rush and the time Eli Manning will have to complete passes against our secondary.

I have always felt the best way to be the Cowboys was to spread them out and attack the Secondary. This was discussed ad nauseam after the Giants and Patriots Game on Talk Radio. The only problem is, which I think is lucky for us, only a handful of teams have the ability to do it.

- Mike G.

My main concern with NY is stopping the running game, I think if we can keep Manning in sure passing downs we will have a big day defensively. As for the Cowboys secondary last night was the 1st time all season were all of the parts were in action. Last time out Newman sat that is not going to be the case this time around. Watching several of the giants game during the 6 game win streak they have relied on the power running game and play action, take away the run and the play action is not going to work

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CATCH17;1746758 said:
What worries me is I dont think this Sunday will be the last time we see them.

I bet we play them 3 times this year.

Can you imagine trying to beat a Playoff team as good as New York 3 times in a season?

They worry me not only for this upcoming game but down the road too.

Its really hard to beat a team 3 times, but it would probably be even harder to beat them in the playoffs at Giant stadium.

They just need to find a way to slow down Burress, he has been killing Dallas.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1746798 said:
i like the 6 DBs on dime packages used to help worthless Reeves last night in the philly game.. could confuse Sheli

:bang2:

Seriously, where in the hell do you trolls come from? Go back and take your brethren with you.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
adbutcher;1746989 said:
:bang2:

Seriously, where in the hell do you trolls come from? Go back and take your brethren with you.

you think they used a 6 DB set for any other reason than to help Reeves?

................... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Reeves is absoultely worthless, stop kidding yourself

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1746996 said:
you think they used a 6 DB set for any other reason than to help Reeves?

................... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

It is called a dime package. :confused:

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
adbutcher;1747000 said:
It is called a dime package. :confused:

not with Roy as a "linebacker"

it was an unconventional dime package used ONLY after Reeves got burned on that first TD drive by philly

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;1747020 said:
not with Roy as a "linebacker"

it was an unconventional dime package used ONLY after Reeves got burned on that first TD drive by philly

Congrats you are the first on my ignore list.

sjordan6

Reaction score
This will be a very good match-up for the Cowboys. Clearly both teams are not the same team that played in the season opener. It doesnt matter who they have beaten (remember "they" were sayinh the same thing about the Cowboys earlier) they have won. IMO I think both defenses are playing better football and executing their new schemes. The Giants are putting a very good pass rush together and some of their younger players are playing very (i.e Aaron Ross and Justin Tuck). Here are few reasons why I like the Cowboys to win this game.

1. The Cowboys have shown to be a very good road team. They have won 7 straight road regular season games dating back to last season. For some reason they become warriors and step up to the challenge.

2. The Cowboys defense is playing alot better and they have gotten healthier since the season opener. They will have Newman to play Burress (who simply torched a young Reeves the last game) and Ellis to add a pass rush that wasnt there in the first game.

3. In their six win, Eli has only thrown for over 300 yards against the 2-6 Falcons. He is only putting up modest numbers (4 wins with under 200 yards) but has avoided the ints that has plagued in the past.

4. The Giants defense, although they are getting much pub, has given up alot points when facing a very good offense. The Packers scored over 35 points in their win over the Giants. This defense has been above average against some of the leagues worst offenses and QB situations. Let's see how they fare against an offensive live that can block and a QB who can throw downfield.

5. The key to this game will not be about the Giants defense but more so the Cowboys defense. The Cowboys simply looked horrible in that first game of the season. They have since settled down and played good solid ball. The Patriots are the only team that has really scored alot of points on this defense and I am anxious to see how the Giants respond.

predictions Cowboys 38-24

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1746878 said:
I love how all the media talking heads are talking about this resurgent defense.

New York Giants Schedule
-------------------------------------
Washington
PHiladelphia
NY Jets
Atlanta
San Fransisco
Miami

Now, I know all any team can do is play the team on the schedule but that has got to be the easiest stretch in the NFL.
Exactly, I'm been going on about this forever now. It was endlessly pointed out that we haven't played anyone, but those last four teams on the Giants schedule are worse than what we faced.

Sorry, Giants, you don't get Joey Harrington, Trent Dilfer, or Cleo Lemon this week.

Zman5

Reaction score
They still haven't got anyone to cover Witten. If they try to take him out of the game, then TO will have a monster game. If they double both of them, then Crayton and crew has to show up. And both Crayton and Hurd did that in the first game.