Let's talk S. Gilmore

Dallas5xchamps

Reaction score
Do we sign him to a 1 year deal or let him walk. I would like to bring him back for 1 year, but then we probably lose Jlew, who really came on the second half of the season. I'm also not sold on Bland all the way yet. The play when he gave the TE for GB that cushion,which led to a 3rd down conversion, makes me think that he may be having some confidence issues. Also, with Diggs he may not be his old self until the 2025 season after coming back from his Acl.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Do we sign him to a 1 year deal or let him walk. I would like to bring him back for 1 year, but then we probably lose Jlew, who really came on the second half of the season. I'm also not sold on Bland all the way yet. The play when he gave the TE for GB that cushion,which led to a 3rd down conversion, makes me think that he may be having some confidence issues. Also, with Diggs he may not be his old self until the 2025 season after coming back from his Acl.
The entire returning 4 are a question straight through. 2 are needing contracts right now.

exciter

Reaction score
Two months ago I would have said no. After that Seattle game I’d guess they at least make an offer. Whispers during the season were they had high expectations for the pick out of Mississippi after a year of development so they probably won’t go after him or Lewis too hard!

Cebrin

Reaction score
That "cushion" is a designed cushion by our beloved DC. Bland is a legit steal we got in Dallas. He has room to grow as a player, but honestly I think he's better than Diggs. Bland isn't afraid to tackle.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Two months ago I would have said no. After that Seattle game I’d guess they at least make an offer. Whispers during the season were they had high expectations for the pick out of Mississippi after a year of development so they probably won’t go after him or Lewis too hard!
Nothing good comes out of Mississippi.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
As long as he hasn’t lost a step in a year and is cheap, sure. I think they need to sign a heck of a lot more Stephon Gilmores at several positions. If you’re trying to fix a team that always falls flat in the postseason, you need to surround them with some vets who know what it’s like to actually win in the postseason. The current veteran leaders don’t know.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Gilmore was playing with one arm on Sunday and now he's having labrum surgery. Can't play press man with one arm, so it was more zone and we saw what happened.

For the right price you absolutely bring him back. They obviously don't trust the people behind him.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Going to be hard to have luxuries like Gilmore when they gotta figure out how to pay Dak, Ceedee, and Micah

starfan1

Reaction score
Gilmore was playing with one arm on Sunday and now he's having labrum surgery. Can't play press man with one arm, so it was more zone and we saw what happened.

For the right price you absolutely bring him back. They obviously don't trust the people behind him.
That’s telling of what the staff thinks of wright if he was in that bad of shape yet continued on with gilly with the season on the line

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

I've been complaining all season about how poorly this team plays zone pass defense. It's likely why Quinn rarely called it. I think it's mainly due to the Safeties and LBs. If they were even adequate in zone, it may have saved your season on Sunday.

As far as Gilmore, I absolutely try to bring him back. He could have realistically decided against playing on Sunday given the nature of his injury.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If the Cowboys continue to be a man coverage D, then no. Gilmore does not have the speed anymore to play man. The Cowboys paid him almost $10M this year. Time to get younger and faster.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yup, I definitely bring him back. I'm only speculating here, but I'd like to think at this juncture of his career he would sign for a friendly deal. I think his veteran savvy was good to have in the secondary. Even though he wasn't the young player he once was, he can still play.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Yes, he got beat at times but also had monster games, he may have single handily won us the eagles game (yeah i know they imploded but still).
When Diggs comes back, gilly drops to #2 (or #3 depending if Bland gets better in coverage) and should be better now that hes not taking on their #1 all the time