- Restructure Frederick
- Restructure Smith
- Witten takes pay cut
- Cut Beasley
- Cut Hanna
- Cut Mayowa

- Tag Lawrence
- Sign Martin long term

- Sign Avery Williamson - ideal MLB for us. Two down guy, still young, good against the run
- Sign Paul Richardson - Remake the WR corps. Beasley out, Butler out. Gives us an outside speed threat.
- Sign Matt Slauson, G, Chargers - he's older at 32, won't break the bank, and is an effective inside player
- Sign Kenny Vaccaro, S, Saints - he's polarizing for some, but he was better last year. Thomas isn't an option as Seattle finds a way to keep him.
- Sign Andre Smith, OT, Bengals - Familiarity with our OL coach, he's nothing more than a swing tackle now.

QBs fly off the board early, the Vikings have their eyes set on Lamar Jackson. Trade their 30th and 62nd picks to move up to 19. We throw in our 4th round comp pick as the Vikes don't have a 4th round pick.

Rd 1 (30) - Landry DE/OLB
Rd 2 (50) - Settle, DT, VT
Rd 2 (62) - St. Brown, WR, ND
Rd 3 (81) - Braden Smith, OG, Auburn
Rd 4 (116) - Jessie Bates, S, WF

Landry is a tough one for me because he's a tweener. You could play him at SAM, but they are apparently considering moving Smith there. But even with Irving and Lawrence, the team lacks edge players. They were middle of the pack in sacks and QB pressures. Settle hopefully solves the 1 Tech spot. St. Brown and Richardson in FA remake the WR corps. Smith is a talented kid that eventually could slide in for Slauson. I like Bates' upside.

QB - Prescott, Rush
RB - Elliott, Smith, Morris or FA
WR - Bryant, Williams, Switzer, St. Brown, Richardson
TE - Witten, Gathers, Swaim
OT - Smith, Smith, Collins
OG - Martin, Slauson, Smith
C - Frederick

DE - Lawrence, Irving, Landry, Charlton, Tapper
DT - Collins, Crawford, Settle, Price
LB - Smith, Lee, Williamson, Wilson, FA
S - Vaccaro, Heath, Woods, Bates, Frazer
CB - Jones, Awuzie, Lewis, Brown, White

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
- Restructure Dez
- Restructure Frederick
- Restructure Smith
- Witten takes pay cut
- Cut Beasley
- Cut Hanna
- Cut Mayowa

- Tag Lawrence
- Sign Martin long term

- Sign Avery Williamson - ideal MLB for us. Two down guy, still young, good against the run
- Sign Paul Richardson - Remake the WR corps. Beasley out, Butler out. Gives us an outside speed threat.
- Sign Matt Slauson, G, Chargers - he's older at 32, won't break the bank, and is an effective inside player
- Sign Kenny Vaccaro, S, Saints - he's polarizing for some, but he was better last year. Thomas isn't an option as Seattle finds a way to keep him.
- Sign Andre Smith, OT, Bengals - Familiarity with our OL coach, he's nothing more than a swing tackle now.

QBs fly off the board early, the Vikings have their eyes set on Lamar Jackson. Trade their 30th and 62nd picks to move up to 19. We throw in our 4th round comp pick as the Vikes don't have a 4th round pick.

Rd 1 (30) - Landry DE/OLB
Rd 2 (50) - Settle, DT, VT
Rd 2 (62) - St. Brown, WR, ND
Rd 3 (81) - Braden Smith, OG, Auburn
Rd 4 (116) - Jessie Bates, S, WF

Landry is a tough one for me because he's a tweener. You could play him at SAM, but they are apparently considering moving Smith there. But even with Irving and Lawrence, the team lacks edge players. They were middle of the pack in sacks and QB pressures. Settle hopefully solves the 1 Tech spot. St. Brown and Richardson in FA remake the WR corps. Smith is a talented kid that eventually could slide in for Slauson. I like Bates' upside.

QB - Prescott, Rush
RB - Elliott, Smith, Morris or FA
WR - Bryant, Williams, Switzer, St. Brown, Richardson
TE - Witten, Gathers, Swaim
OT - Smith, Smith, Collins
OG - Martin, Slauson, Smith
C - Frederick

DE - Lawrence, Irving, Landry, Charlton, Tapper
DT - Collins, Crawford, Settle, Price
LB - Smith, Lee, Williamson, Wilson, FA
S - Vaccaro, Heath, Woods, Bates, Frazer
CB - Jones, Awuzie, Lewis, Brown, White
Good stuff. Landry might be gone but he is good value at 30.

Smith would be a great signing for us. He is a swing OT, but he can also play OG. Being a vet you dont have to worry about constantly switching him around

Sydla

Reaction score
Good stuff. Landry might be gone but he is good value at 30.

Smith would be a great signing for us. He is a swing OT, but he can also play OG. Being a vet you dont have to worry about constantly switching him around

I thought about Smith as the OG and skipping Slauson, but I think let's just lock in the positions now and not have to go about mixing things up.

I'd use the 5th round on for a project OT that we can try to develop.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought about Smith as the OG and skipping Slauson, but I think let's just lock in the positions now and not have to go about mixing things up.

I'd use the 5th round on for a project OT that we can try to develop.
Doesnt hurt. I feel you should be drafting OL somewhere in the late rounds most years. Depth is very important and you always have to be on the lookout for your next Parnell

Sydla

Reaction score
Doesnt hurt. I feel you should be drafting OL somewhere in the late rounds most years. Depth is very important and you always have to be on the lookout for your next Parnell

Totally agree. With the extra comp picks, I might look for two late round OL. Someone said this in another thread, but I also like using late picks on athletic DBs too. See if you can develop one.

Plankton

Reaction score
Not a bad effort. I like Avery Williamson a lot - he'd be a very solid acquisition. Slauson is also a good bridge solution, though I wish he were more durable. Paul Richardson is a guy who would add real game breaking speed outside, but also has had durability issues. I like his upside. Like Landry's skills, but his snaps were spotted quite a bit last season (some due to injury), and that concerns me a bit. St. Brown certainly has the raw tools, and has experience playing with an inaccurate QB, but he needs work getting off the jam. Braden Smith is a guy I like a lot, but I'm not sure he makes it to #81. I would be happy with him in the second round. I would be happy with things if this was how it turned out.

Prime21

Reaction score
Love it but I do not think it will happen.

Landry will go top half of round one.

We need to start praying someone falls in love with a QB and trades up. Its looking more and more like the value is going to be terrible at 19.